Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rob

Default Gas & Elecrtic Meters

Hi

My son is thinking of buying a flat that has card meters for both Gas and
Electric. He would like to change them back to payment ones. He is not
sure of the supplier. Do you know if there is a charge for this.

Thanks in advance. Rob

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon

Rob wrote:
My son is thinking of buying a flat that has card meters for both Gas and
Electric. He would like to change them back to payment ones. He is not
sure of the supplier. Do you know if there is a charge for this.

Not from the suppliers I've dealt with (2).
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Richard Faulkner

In message , Rob
writes
Hi

My son is thinking of buying a flat that has card meters for both Gas and
Electric. He would like to change them back to payment ones. He is not
sure of the supplier. Do you know if there is a charge for this.

Thanks in advance. Rob

I've had several changed at no cost.

--
Richard Faulkner
Posted to uk.d-i-y
tarquinlinbin

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 10:53:00 -0000, "Rob"
wrote:

Hi

My son is thinking of buying a flat that has card meters for both Gas and
Electric. He would like to change them back to payment ones. He is not
sure of the supplier. Do you know if there is a charge for this.

Thanks in advance. Rob

The number to ring to find your gas supplier is 0845 6050 570. They
may also be able to assist with the electric if its from the same
supplier or they may have another contact tel for that.

Some suppliers ask for a security deposit for card to credit meter. If
they ask for this then say you are switching suppliers and see if that
changes their minds!.

http://www.no2id.org/
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rob

Thanks for the info.

Rob

New Water Meters asalcedo UK diy 12 November 22nd 05 11:36 AM
Gas and Electricity Meters Edward W. Thompson UK diy 6 October 24th 05 03:32 PM
Why not compulsory water meters? Timothy Murphy UK diy 59 August 1st 05 04:02 PM
ESR Meters Michael Fiedler Electronics Repair 5 April 25th 04 03:36 AM
Slowing Electric Meters JhnWil875 Electronics Repair 9 March 28th 04 06:03 PM