Posted to uk.d-i-y
Eusebius

Default Intelligent lead acid battery charger needed - 6v, 12v (?2v)

I'm looking for an intelligent battery charger that can charge 6v
batteries. I don't know if the Optimate 111 can charge two 6v batteries
in series with its 12v setting - is this possible? Otherwise I need to
recharge a pair (or quad) of 6v 12AH SLA batteries with ability to
leave them connected on float with no overcharging possibility. A bonus
would be the ability to charge 2v and 4v batteries. Ideally I'd like to
use 2v lead acids - where can I get these in the UK? thanks, Andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Pete C

On 8 Jan 2006 06:32:11 -0800, "Eusebius"
wrote:

I'm looking for an intelligent battery charger that can charge 6v
batteries. I don't know if the Optimate 111 can charge two 6v batteries
in series with its 12v setting - is this possible? Otherwise I need to
recharge a pair (or quad) of 6v 12AH SLA batteries with ability to
leave them connected on float with no overcharging possibility. A bonus
would be the ability to charge 2v and 4v batteries. Ideally I'd like to
use 2v lead acids - where

Hi,

RS do them, brand name is 'Mascot', get the model number then shop
around if need be.

cheers,
Pete.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon

Eusebius wrote:
I'm looking for an intelligent battery charger that can charge 6v
batteries. I don't know if the Optimate 111 can charge two 6v batteries
in series with its 12v setting - is this possible?

Whyever not? A 12V battery is only 6 cells in series, the same as
two 6V batteries in series is.

Otherwise I need to
recharge a pair (or quad) of 6v 12AH SLA batteries with ability to
leave them connected on float with no overcharging possibility. A bonus
would be the ability to charge 2v and 4v batteries.

If you can connect them in series, again, there's your answer.

Ideally I'd like to
use 2v lead acids - where can I get these in the UK? thanks, Andy

Dunno. Can you still get car batteries with external connections
between the cells?