Posted to uk.d-i-y
Clive Backham

Default Wall mounted eye-level grills

My wife & I are thinking about redoing the kitchen. At the moment, we
have a free-standing gas cooker with eye-level grill, and my wife
really likes this arrangement. She really hates cooking with
electricity. It seems that the fashion these days is for built-in
ovens and hobs, and since we plan to sell the house in the next few
years, we think that's what we should go for. In the meantime, we'd
still like an eye-level grill, so started looking for wall-mounted
units of that type. The only ones we've been able to find are
commercial and they are large and very expensive - especially the gas
ones.

Is there any chance of finding a "domestic" wall-mounted gas grill, or
are we just wasting our time searching?
Posted to uk.d-i-y
.

Clive Backham wrote:
My wife & I are thinking about redoing the kitchen. At the moment, we
have a free-standing gas cooker with eye-level grill, and my wife
really likes this arrangement. She really hates cooking with
electricity. It seems that the fashion these days is for built-in
ovens and hobs, and since we plan to sell the house in the next few
years, we think that's what we should go for. In the meantime, we'd
still like an eye-level grill, so started looking for wall-mounted
units of that type. The only ones we've been able to find are
commercial and they are large and very expensive - especially the gas
ones.

Is there any chance of finding a "domestic" wall-mounted gas grill, or
are we just wasting our time searching?

salamanders (for that is what they are called) aren't /that/ expensive
from about £150 - £200 but are a bit challenging to look at in a domestic
kitchen. they are excellent for cooking with, imo, fast and fuss free.

ya gets what ya pays for.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
(Clive Backham) writes:
My wife & I are thinking about redoing the kitchen. At the moment, we
have a free-standing gas cooker with eye-level grill, and my wife
really likes this arrangement. She really hates cooking with
electricity. It seems that the fashion these days is for built-in
ovens and hobs, and since we plan to sell the house in the next few
years, we think that's what we should go for. In the meantime, we'd
still like an eye-level grill, so started looking for wall-mounted
units of that type. The only ones we've been able to find are
commercial and they are large and very expensive - especially the gas
ones.

Is there any chance of finding a "domestic" wall-mounted gas grill, or
are we just wasting our time searching?

My parents had exactly the same issue some 35 years ago.
My dad detached the eye-level fold-away grill from the top
of their Cannon gas cooker, and fixed it to the wall, where
it remained in frequent use until 5 years ago (when kitchen
was refitted again). It caused a bit of confusion when it
came to be converted to Natural Gas, and the fitter found
he had a conversion kit for a whole cooker rather than just
the grill, but once he'd worked out to ignore most of the
conversion kit, it was converted OK. For the last 5 years,
it's been installed and working fine in a kitchen on the
continent. Damn good those Cannon fold-away eye level
grills. When they first appeared on cookers, they did do
a wall mounting version too, but probably not for over 40
years now.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart

On 02 Jan 2006 16:20:08 GMT, (Andrew
Gabriel) wrote:

In article ,
(Clive Backham) writes:
[...]

And a damned sight better for making toast as well .

Stuart

Shift THELEVER to reply.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I know this is qute an old thread but there might be someone out there
listening. I had an old Cannon Foldaway Grill and they were great but they
are all pretty old now. If someone needs to replace an extinct Cannon there
is now an electric version of the Cannon made by Hi-Grill. It is just like
a professional salamander grill but it folds away and looks pretty neat.
Just type hi-grill into google.

url:http://myreader.co.uk/msg/13912486.aspx

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Take a look at a product called Hi-Grill www.hi-grill.co.uk. It is wall mounted and f=
olds away. Cost around =C2=A3300-400.

url:http://myreader.co.uk/msg/13912486.aspx
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2010-10-18, Robin Gibson wrote:

Take a look at a product called Hi-Grill
www.hi-grill.co.uk. It is wall mounted and folds away. Cost
around £300-400.

Or look at www.nisbets.co.uk for electric grill and get a
professional one for about £200.

--
Jón Fairbairn
http://www.chaos.org.uk/~jf/Stuff-I-dont-want.html (updated 2010-09-14)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 18, 6:08*pm, "Robin wrote:
Take a look at a product called Hi-Grillwww.hi-grill.co.uk. *It is wall mounted and folds away. *Cost around £300-400.

url:http://myreader.co.uk/msg/13912486.aspx

This thread is now even older than the last time you replied to it.

Oh dear! I do hope you are not the "Gibson" in "Curtiss and Gibson
Limited"

If you are, feck off and spam your products somewhere else.

MBQ