Posted to uk.d-i-y
ScoobyDoo

Default Shower dripping

Noticed today that the shower was dripping water even when it was turned off
so decided to get a new chrome hose and shower head from B&Q as the old one
was a bit dated anyway.

Fitted the two washers to both ends of the hose and attached the head unit,
but the shower is still leaking - what should I do or check before calling
someone in?

Thanks

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Fawthrop

On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 14:26:12 -0000, "ScoobyDoo"
wrote:

| Noticed today that the shower was dripping water even when it was turned off
| so decided to get a new chrome hose and shower head from B&Q as the oldone
| was a bit dated anyway.
|
| Fitted the two washers to both ends of the hose and attached the head unit,
| but the shower is still leaking - what should I do or check before calling
| someone in?

It is the *tap(s)* leaking. See if you can fit new washers.
--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk Some of my Hobbies: VDU Glasses
http://tinyurl.com/c3lh, Wordlists http://tinyurl.com/c3lj, Celtic fonts
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ScoobyDoo

wrote:

| Noticed today that the shower was dripping water even when it was turned
off
| so decided to get a new chrome hose and shower head from B&Q as the old
one
| was a bit dated anyway.
|
| Fitted the two washers to both ends of the hose and attached the head
unit,
| but the shower is still leaking - what should I do or check before calling
| someone in?

It is the *tap(s)* leaking. See if you can fit new washers.

Its not on a mixer tap - the shower is connected to a Gainsborough
Ambassador thermostat.

I guess a washer still needs replaing somewhere but what do I need to do now
as the thermostat looks like a sealed unit?

Thanks again

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Hibbert

wrote:

| Noticed today that the shower was dripping water even when it was turned
off
| so decided to get a new chrome hose and shower head from B&Q as the old
one
| was a bit dated anyway.
|
| Fitted the two washers to both ends of the hose and attached the head
unit,
| but the shower is still leaking - what should I do or check before calling
| someone in?

It is the *tap(s)* leaking. See if you can fit new washers.

Its not on a mixer tap - the shower is connected to a Gainsborough
Ambassador thermostat.

I guess a washer still needs replaing somewhere but what do I need to do now
as the thermostat looks like a sealed unit?

Thanks again

I had an aqualisa one that dripped when turned off, it was the
thermostatic cartridge that needed replacing. Dunno if the Gainsborough
would be the same but thats where I'd start looking.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
john

You could do worse than to visit the Shower Doctor web site:

The Shower Doctor, Shower Spares and Shower Repair for all makes of shower,
Spare
Parts for Mira, Triton, Newteam, Gainsborough, Berry, and more.
www.showerdoc.co.uk/