Posted to uk.d-i-y
bof

Default dishwasher stains

A couple of times now the dishwasher has left limescale deposits after
doing a wash and a lot of crockery and the inside of the d/w is covered
in white stains. Any thoughts on how to clean it all up? I was thinking
of adding a bottle of vinegar mid wash, anyone foresee any problems with
doing that?

--
bof at bof dot me dot uk
Posted to uk.d-i-y

bof wrote:
A couple of times now the dishwasher has left limescale deposits after
doing a wash and a lot of crockery and the inside of the d/w is covered
in white stains. Any thoughts on how to clean it all up? I was thinking
of adding a bottle of vinegar mid wash, anyone foresee any problems with
doing that?

Sounds like the water softener isn't working.
Do you keep the salt container topped up?

--
Andrew Gabriel

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Alex

Once a week my wife runs a wash at high temp on both dishwasher and washing
machine both are now over 8 years old and operate brilliantly,she swears
this is the best way to give the machines a good clean out.Low temp washes
create sludge and grease which builds up both in machines and drains leading
to more problems

Posted to uk.d-i-y
newbietothis

Have you tried Finish Dishwasher Cleaner; bought a couple of bottles
the other week, not tried them yet. You can't use them to descale
crockery, only dishwaser.

http://www.finish.co.uk/tips.shtml

Posted to uk.d-i-y
dmc

In article ,
bof wrote:

A couple of times now the dishwasher has left limescale deposits after
doing a wash and a lot of crockery and the inside of the d/w is covered
in white stains. Any thoughts on how to clean it all up? I was thinking
of adding a bottle of vinegar mid wash, anyone foresee any problems with
doing that?

Are you sure it is limescale and not salt?

Our old dishwasher did this towards the end of its life with increasing
frequency. turned out to be a crack in the cap to the salt container that
sometimes allowed salt into the final rinse. Everything was then coated in
a thin layer of salt.

Lick something to check

Darren

Posted to uk.d-i-y
bof

In message , Alex
writes
Once a week my wife runs a wash at high temp on both dishwasher and washing
machine both are now over 8 years old and operate brilliantly,she swears
this is the best way to give the machines a good clean out.Low temp washes
create sludge and grease which builds up both in machines and drains leading
to more problems

Ta, I'll give it a go

--
bof at bof dot me dot uk
Posted to uk.d-i-y
bof

In message .com,
newbietothis writes
Have you tried Finish Dishwasher Cleaner; bought a couple of bottles
the other week, not tried them yet. You can't use them to descale
crockery, only dishwaser.

http://www.finish.co.uk/tips.shtml

Have you tried them yet? Any good?

--
bof at bof dot me dot uk
Posted to uk.d-i-y
bof

In message , dmc writes
In article ,
bof wrote:

A couple of times now the dishwasher has left limescale deposits after
doing a wash and a lot of crockery and the inside of the d/w is covered
in white stains. Any thoughts on how to clean it all up? I was thinking
of adding a bottle of vinegar mid wash, anyone foresee any problems with
doing that?

Are you sure it is limescale and not salt?

Our old dishwasher did this towards the end of its life with increasing
frequency. turned out to be a crack in the cap to the salt container that
sometimes allowed salt into the final rinse. Everything was then coated in
a thin layer of salt.

Lick something to check

Yep, definitely limescale, already done the lick test, and doesn't wash
off with water, but is removed by vinegar.

--
bof at bof dot me dot uk