Posted to uk.d-i-y
Derek ^

Default Olives - compression fittings.

Quick Question,

It seems there are different knids of olives used in compression
fittings.

Ones with a rounded curved profile and ones with a conical taper on
each end.

Can they be used interchangeably??

I'm replacing a sink this afternoon, the old sink has been removed and
the ball o fix valves have been left on the hot & cold supplies, I'll
have to get some olives and don't know which to get.

Ta.

DG
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster

Derek ^ wrote:

It seems there are different knids of olives used in compression
fittings.

Ones with a rounded curved profile and ones with a conical taper on
each end.

Can they be used interchangeably??

Deja vue!! See http://tinyurl.com/84m92 (or
http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk.d-i-y/browse_frm/thread/a59fbe945979cfa6/3ba23d05490473bd?hl=en#3ba23d05490473bd)
for a discussion of exactly this a couple of weeks ago.

David
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Derek ^

On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 13:55:04 GMT, Lobster
wrote:

Derek ^ wrote:

It seems there are different knids of olives used in compression
fittings.

Ones with a rounded curved profile and ones with a conical taper on
each end.

Can they be used interchangeably??

Deja vue!! See http://tinyurl.com/84m92

Thanks for that, hadn't seen it but had read the next thread along.

I see the ball o fix valves are only 58p on the net (Tho mine will
come from Wickes) and come with new olives so I think I'll get new
ones and use what ever they are.

Tnx

DG