Junior Member

Default Which comes first toilet or tiles

I am just about to totally re-do a bathroom. I am going to cover the floor in ply and then lay ceramic tiles on the yop of that. Would you tile under the toilet and pedestal or tile around them?
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster

brian wrote:
I am just about to totally re-do a bathroom. I am going to cover the
floor in ply and then lay ceramic tiles on the yop of that. Would you
tile under the toilet and pedestal or tile around them?

'Under' is generally considered to give the best results

David
Posted to uk.d-i-y
G.W. Walker

In article ,
Lobster wrote:
brian wrote:
I am just about to totally re-do a bathroom. I am going to cover the
floor in ply and then lay ceramic tiles on the yop of that. Would you
tile under the toilet and pedestal or tile around them?

'Under' is generally considered to give the best results

I'm thinking of doing the same thing, but am wondering
what to do about the difference in level that ply + tiles
is going to make. Won't you end up with a bit of a step?

G.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Natural Philosopher

On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 10:59:03 +0000, brian wrote:

I am just about to totally re-do a bathroom. I am going to cover the
floor in ply and then lay ceramic tiles on the yop of that. Would you
tile under the toilet and pedestal or tile around them?

Under if you can.

Its a lot harder to get a neat finish otherwise.

Sometimes with new floor and old units its easier to tile up to, but its
not the nicest of finsishes.