Posted to uk.d-i-y
Paul \( Skiing8 \)

Default DIY jacuzzi bath conversion

Thinking about converting a bath to a jacuzzi with a kit like the ones from
here....
http://www.whirlpoolexpress.co.uk/ac...irlpool_Bath_K
its.html

has anyone any experience, what can I expect? is it worth it? Tips/tricks?

Has anyone got a cheaper supplier in mind?

Thanks for the low down
Paul

Posted to uk.d-i-y
EricP

On Tue, 6 Dec 2005 16:50:09 -0000, "Paul \( Skiing8 \)"
wrote:

Thinking about converting a bath to a jacuzzi with a kit like the ones from
here....
http://www.whirlpoolexpress.co.uk/ac...irlpool_Bath_K
its.html

has anyone any experience, what can I expect? is it worth it? Tips/tricks?

Has anyone got a cheaper supplier in mind?

Thanks for the low down
Paul

Have you heard one operating?

You need ear defenders.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Wanderer

On Tue, 6 Dec 2005 16:50:09 -0000, Paul ( Skiing8 ) wrote:

Thinking about converting a bath to a jacuzzi with a kit like the ones from
here....
http://www.whirlpoolexpress.co.uk/ac...irlpool_Bath_K
its.html

has anyone any experience, what can I expect? is it worth it? Tips/tricks?

Has anyone got a cheaper supplier in mind?

I was going to get an air bath when I refurbished, but happened to see a
spa going cheap when we were shopping for the bathroom, so that's where the
money went.

Since then we've stayed at a couple of places that have spa baths, and
after the novelty of the first time, we just didn't use it. If nothing
else, they're noisy, you need a pretty full bath to make them work, and
then they splash water out onto the floor. Unless you're prepared to spend
an extra couple of hundred for an in-line water heater, they tend to cool
down the bath quite quickly, especially if you go for the air-jet option.

Book yourself into a hotel, or B&B advertising they've got one. Couple of
days and you'll not want to bother with one again. At least you'll have the
pleasure of a couple of days of being waited on......

--
the dot wanderer at tesco dot net
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jonathan Pearson

The Wanderer wrote:

I was going to get an air bath when I refurbished, but happened to
see a spa going cheap when we were shopping for the bathroom, so
that's where the money went.

Since then we've stayed at a couple of places that have spa baths, and
after the novelty of the first time, we just didn't use it. If nothing
else, they're noisy, you need a pretty full bath to make them work,
and then they splash water out onto the floor. Unless you're prepared
to spend an extra couple of hundred for an in-line water heater, they
tend to cool down the bath quite quickly, especially if you go for
the air-jet option.

Book yourself into a hotel, or B&B advertising they've got one.
Couple of days and you'll not want to bother with one again. At least
you'll have the pleasure of a couple of days of being waited on......

.........where as we went down to wickes and bought a cheap bathroom suite
(£600), and the guy offered us a whirlpool bath for around £150 extra (one
day special offer) - so went for it!

three years later it still get used daily, and was one of the best things
that we've bought in the house - if it breaks tomorrow it will have still
been well worth the money!

Jon

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Matt

wrote:

Thinking about converting a bath to a jacuzzi with a kit like the ones from
here....
http://www.whirlpoolexpress.co.uk/ac...irlpool_Bath_K
its.html

has anyone any experience, what can I expect? is it worth it? Tips/tricks?

Has anyone got a cheaper supplier in mind?

Heinz baked beans, catering size. Simple, cheap, effective.

For added ambience cut holes in the bean tin with a hole saw and
illuminate with a maglite. Don't be tempted to use candles though as
your jacuzzi may unintentionally become an open air one.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm

The Wanderer wrote:

then they splash water out onto the floor. Unless you're prepared to spend
an extra couple of hundred for an in-line water heater, they tend to cool
down the bath quite quickly, especially if you go for the air-jet option.

Some have a slow hot water feed that is used to temper the air rather
than an inline heater. These seem to work well.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Wanderer

On Wed, 07 Dec 2005 00:43:50 +0000, John Rumm wrote:

The Wanderer wrote:

then they splash water out onto the floor. Unless you're prepared to spend
an extra couple of hundred for an in-line water heater, they tend to cool
down the bath quite quickly, especially if you go for the air-jet option.

Some have a slow hot water feed that is used to temper the air rather
than an inline heater. These seem to work well.

We-ell, yes, but not the make the OP was looking at, y'know, the retro-fit
DIY version....

--
the dot wanderer at tesco dot net
Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm

The Wanderer wrote:

Some have a slow hot water feed that is used to temper the air rather
than an inline heater. These seem to work well.

We-ell, yes, but not the make the OP was looking at, y'know, the retro-fit
DIY version....

Certainly available retro fit - my mum has one like that. It was a pro
fit though (although there was nothing complicated about the fitting in
reality)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Wanderer

On Wed, 07 Dec 2005 10:09:37 +0000, John Rumm wrote:

The Wanderer wrote:

Some have a slow hot water feed that is used to temper the air rather
than an inline heater. These seem to work well.

We-ell, yes, but not the make the OP was looking at, y'know, the retro-fit
DIY version....

Certainly available retro fit - my mum has one like that. It was a pro
fit though (although there was nothing complicated about the fitting in
reality)

But *not* the one the OP was looking at......

--
the dot wanderer at tesco dot net
Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm

The Wanderer wrote:

Certainly available retro fit - my mum has one like that. It was a pro
fit though (although there was nothing complicated about the fitting in
reality)

But *not* the one the OP was looking at......

So? You were the one who brought up the subject of air baths! ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Wanderer

On Wed, 07 Dec 2005 10:59:18 +0000, John Rumm wrote:

The Wanderer wrote:

Certainly available retro fit - my mum has one like that. It was a pro
fit though (although there was nothing complicated about the fitting in
reality)

But *not* the one the OP was looking at......

So? You were the one who brought up the subject of air baths! ;-)

My comments *about the model range* the OP was asking about - which had air
jet options, an in-line water heater, but *no* trickle feed of hot water -
were all relevant........

--
the dot wanderer at tesco dot net

Shower bath mixer tap woes Andy UK diy 8 August 22nd 05 03:43 PM
Combi boiler conversion & driping bath taps John UK diy 1 August 9th 05 07:27 PM
air bath or jacuzzi jets or soak tub? [email protected] Home Ownership 0 February 20th 05 02:23 AM
Bath advice Martin Wilson UK diy 2 November 13th 04 06:44 AM
Sealant around bath not setting! BraileTrail UK diy 14 January 14th 04 08:49 PM