Posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.motorcycles,demon.local,uk.d-i-y
Alan Holmes

Default oil radiators: any opinions?

"John McLean" wrote in message
"Phillip Kyle" wrote in message
.. .
(Baron P. Parsnip of Formaldehyde)
verbally sodomised in :

Be still! and revere 'Dungeon' Dave, who blessed us with their presence
on 02 Dec 2005...

More to the point, anyone here with more indepth knowledge about them?

These jobbies:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...er/4157382.htm

AFAICS, something electrical warms up the oil that then circulates
around to radiate heat. My guess is that it's more efficient than a
wire-wound electrical bar fire, but although they're quoted in KW, I'm
not sure what the cost of running one is, and how it compares.

Any pointers, O sages?

I recommend a little x-post. You're unlikely to find anyone who can
help
you in this froup.

What are you afraid of, O "Dungeon" Master?

He's afraid of freedom.

--
Phil Kyle™

http://philkyle2003.reachme.at/

"The truly racist person is one Helene Rudlin, who admits it."
- Neil Barker

"I wonder - is there perhaps some form of cosmetic surgery we can pay
for,
so that Helene can actually become a coon ?"
- Neil Barker

The law of conservation of energy applies. kW is kW is kW. The only
difference is the thermal time lag due to the mass of oil etc. Radiant
heat,
will give a quicker response time than the convection heat and an illusion
of being a better heat source; but bucks for bucks, I would go for the
convection type: - also less of a fire hazard.
Jaymack

Eddification for the masses (and some others too).

And you it would seem.

oil radiators: any opinions? Alan Holmes UK diy 1 December 3rd 05 03:44 PM
hot air heating versus radiators Ron UK diy 15 October 3rd 05 11:49 PM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Downstairs Radiators not heating David White UK diy 3 January 26th 04 05:16 PM
top floor radiators are hot on bottom, cold on top kjpro Home Repair 4 November 16th 03 02:34 PM