Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roland

Default Lots of hardwood to get rid of!

I am moving house, and I have in my garage quite of lot of really nice
sawn timber that I need to dispose of, most of which has been seasoned
under cover for about 8-9 years.

It includes various lengths (up to 14 ft) of Ash, English Oak,
mahogany, iroko, in thicknesses ranging from 1 inch to 4.5 inches, and
wide boards, as well as various smaller oddments of other varieties of
timber. A lot of the Ash and Oak was quarter sawn under my
supervision.

Does anyone have any ideas where on the Web would be the best place to
advertise this?

Many thanks

Roland

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rick

On 21 Nov 2005 08:34:23 -0800, "Roland"
wrote:

I am moving house, and I have in my garage quite of lot of really nice
sawn timber that I need to dispose of, most of which has been seasoned
under cover for about 8-9 years.

It includes various lengths (up to 14 ft) of Ash, English Oak,
mahogany, iroko, in thicknesses ranging from 1 inch to 4.5 inches, and
wide boards, as well as various smaller oddments of other varieties of
timber. A lot of the Ash and Oak was quarter sawn under my
supervision.

Does anyone have any ideas where on the Web would be the best place to
advertise this?

Many thanks

Roland

eBay

It is probably worth dividing it up into different lots. Start with a
low price, and let the market bid it up.

Rick

Posted to uk.d-i-y
EricP

wrote:

I am moving house, and I have in my garage quite of lot of really nice
sawn timber that I need to dispose of, most of which has been seasoned
under cover for about 8-9 years.

It includes various lengths (up to 14 ft) of Ash, English Oak,
mahogany, iroko, in thicknesses ranging from 1 inch to 4.5 inches, and
wide boards, as well as various smaller oddments of other varieties of
timber. A lot of the Ash and Oak was quarter sawn under my
supervision.

Does anyone have any ideas where on the Web would be the best place to
advertise this?

Many thanks

Roland

Find your local furniture restorer and invite them to view. A friend
got a nice surprise from similar when the restorer saw what was on
offer.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
david lang

Roland wrote:
I am moving house, and I have in my garage quite of lot of really nice
sawn timber that I need to dispose of, most of which has been seasoned
under cover for about 8-9 years.

It's not worth anything these days, just throw it away.

(But let me know where & when)

:-)

Dave

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Fawthrop

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 16:58:31 -0000, "R.P.McMurphy"
wrote:

| your local freecycle group. where are you?
|
| Steve
|
| "Roland" wrote in message
| oups.com...
| I am moving house, and I have in my garage quite of lot of really nice
| sawn timber that I need to dispose of, most of which has been seasoned
| under cover for about 8-9 years.
|
| It includes various lengths (up to 14 ft) of Ash, English Oak,
| mahogany, iroko, in thicknesses ranging from 1 inch to 4.5 inches, and
| wide boards, as well as various smaller oddments of other varieties of
| timber. A lot of the Ash and Oak was quarter sawn under my
| supervision.
|
| Does anyone have any ideas where on the Web would be the best place to
| advertise this?

ebay?
--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
Sick and tired of Junk Snail Mail?
Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Cartmell

wrote:

I am moving house, and I have in my garage quite of lot of really nice
sawn timber that I need to dispose of, most of which has been seasoned
under cover for about 8-9 years.

It includes various lengths (up to 14 ft) of Ash, English Oak,
mahogany, iroko, in thicknesses ranging from 1 inch to 4.5 inches, and
wide boards, as well as various smaller oddments of other varieties of
timber. A lot of the Ash and Oak was quarter sawn under my
supervision.

Does anyone have any ideas where on the Web would be the best place to
advertise this?

Find your local furniture restorer and invite them to view. A friend
got a nice surprise from similar when the restorer saw what was on
offer.

Small pieces for woodturners.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Lynch

On 2005-11-21, Roland wrote:
I am moving house, and I have in my garage quite of lot of really nice
sawn timber that I need to dispose of, most of which has been seasoned
under cover for about 8-9 years.

Unless you advertise it locally, make sure you state your location
and what arrangements you wish to make about transporting it. If you
are willing to send it by post/courier etc. it's worthwhile having
some sort of estimate what the cost would be.
If you don't do this, you run the risk of someone agreeing to buy
it only to be put off when you tell them the "postage" costs
or that you expect them to collect.

Shame it's too late for bonfire night :-)

--
.. never trust a man who, when left alone ...... Pete Lynch .