Posted to uk.d-i-y
Gel

Default Interlinking hard wired smoke & CO alarms_continued

Reply doesnt work, so having to post new message.

Tks for reply but I now see just the item I'm after; has arrived this
side of pond
http://www.kiddefyrnetics.co.uk/Rech...COAlarms.shtml

I see on this US site
http://www.kiddeus.com/CO+Alarm+Catalog.shtml
that they have a 120v hard wired CO alarm that also can be linked to
their smoke & heat ones.
Reading leaflet it seems the smokes will set off the CO alarm with a
different tone than when its sounding for carbon monoxide, which is
clever.

Anyone seem anything similar this side of pond in 230V??

Try looking he

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Ind...ke/Kidde_COSM/

Mogweed.

Mogweed
Nov 18, 12:09 pm show options

Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
From: "Mogweed" - Find messages by this author
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 17:09:03 +0000 (UTC)
Subject: Interlinking hard wired smoke & CO alarms
original | Report Abuse

"Mogweed" wrote in message

"Gel" wrote in message
oups.com...
I see on this US site
http://www.kiddeus.com/CO+Alarm+Catalog.shtml
that they have a 120v hard wired CO alarm that also can be linked to
their smoke & heat ones.
Reading leaflet it seems the smokes will set off the CO alarm with a
different tone than when its sounding for carbon monoxide, which is
clever.

Anyone seem anything similar this side of pond in 230V??

Try looking he

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/Fire_and_Smoke/Kidde_COSM/
Mogweed.

Doh! Just realized that these are battery only. The Kidde website
(http://www.kiddefyrnetics.co.uk/) makes no mention of mains,
interconnectable, combination smoke/CO alarms so I guess they don't do
them
for this country.

Mogweed

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mogweed

"Gel" wrote in message
oups.com...
Reply doesnt work, so having to post new message.

Tks for reply but I now see just the item I'm after; has arrived this
side of pond
http://www.kiddefyrnetics.co.uk/Rech...COAlarms.shtml

I see on this US site
http://www.kiddeus.com/CO+Alarm+Catalog.shtml
that they have a 120v hard wired CO alarm that also can be linked to
their smoke & heat ones.
Reading leaflet it seems the smokes will set off the CO alarm with a
different tone than when its sounding for carbon monoxide, which is
clever.

Anyone seem anything similar this side of pond in 230V??

Unless I'm reading it wrong, it's not the same as the US one. You said that
the US one is a dual alarm, sounding different tones when it detects smoke
or CO. The rechargeable CO alarm is just that - CO, not both.

Mogweed.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Christian McArdle

http://www.kiddefyrnetics.co.uk/Rech...COAlarms.shtml

Nice! My system is Kidde Fyrnetics. I could one of those heading in my
direction, or perhaps 2. (Kitchen for gas cooker and loft for the boiler). I
certainly don't want to change brands. My Fyrnetics installation has some
additional features, like setting off the main intruder alarm's fire zone.

Christian.