Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bodgit

Default Lighting recommendation

Hi,

In our new house we have solid concrete floors, and the ground floor
doesn't have a lot of headroom. Currently there are no ceiling lights -
just nasty 70s wall lighting.

I want to attach some battens and nail plasterboard to it to make a
more pleasant ceiling and to hide some of the pipes, but obviously I
don't want there to be much space between the concrete and the
plasterboard.

Ideally I would like to get rid of the wall lighting and put in some
low-profile ceiling lighting. I'm a bit concerned about putting in
halogen lighting as there won't be a lot of clearance and very little
airflow to get rid of heat.

Can anyone tell me if halogen lighting would be acceptable in this
installation. What's LED lighting like - will this knock out enough
light? Anyone know of any nice low-profile flourescent lighting?

Thanks,
Dave.