Mogweed

Default Success! (was: Electrical problem)

Just to let you all know - the fault on the kitchen ring main that kept
tripping the RCD was due to the neutrals for that circuit being put to the
non-RCD neutral bus bar.

Thanks very much to all who answered my query.

Cheers,

Mogweed.

--s-p-o-n-i-x--

On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 16:41:25 -0000, "Mogweed"
wrote:

Just to let you all know - the fault on the kitchen ring main that kept
tripping the RCD was due to the neutrals for that circuit being put to the
non-RCD neutral bus bar.

Thanks very much to all who answered my query.

Good to hear it was sorted.

Makes you wonder how it was tested and approved to Part P..

sponix
Mogweed

wrote:

Just to let you all know - the fault on the kitchen ring main that kept
tripping the RCD was due to the neutrals for that circuit being put to the
non-RCD neutral bus bar.

Thanks very much to all who answered my query.

Good to hear it was sorted.

Makes you wonder how it was tested and approved to Part P..

sponix

Well, to answer both Gary and yourself, the final testing and inspection
haven't been carried out yet. Building control sent round a sparky from a
local firm to inspect at first fix. He gave it the ok at that stage and said
that I should call the council when it was ready for final test and
inspection, which I'll be doing on Monday.

I know we shouldn't have energized the circuits yet but the plumber, the
joiner and others need leccy )

Mogweed.

Electrical problem Mogweed UK diy 41 November 14th 05 05:29 PM
Tough electrical problem! Habsfan Home Repair 7 February 14th 05 07:03 PM
HELP! Electrical problem. Spike Metalworking 5 July 14th 04 06:58 PM
electrical problem HomeBrewer Home Repair 19 May 4th 04 02:50 AM
New Electrical Regs PoP UK diy 22 September 1st 03 08:41 PM