galaxi

Default Ceiling mounted spotlamps

My kitchen has recessed ceiling mounted spotlamps (which are flush
with holes in the ceiling), which have 1cm gaps around their
circumference (possibly so that the angle can be adjusted?).

Trouble is that these gaps also allow insects, flies and the like to
come through from the attic (the property is a bungalow).

I have no need to adjust the angle of these spotlamps so have been
thinking of stuffing something either around the tops of the lamps
(from the attic side) or stuffing something non-flammable in the
circular gaps around the lamps.

What though can I use that is non-flammable (the lamps gets very hot)?
Would fibreglass be okay?

Thanks

galaxi wrote:
My kitchen has recessed ceiling mounted spotlamps (which are flush
with holes in the ceiling), which have 1cm gaps around their
circumference (possibly so that the angle can be adjusted?).

What though can I use that is non-flammable (the lamps gets very hot)?
Would fibreglass be okay?

Functional, if messy. Plasterboard is the usual, plaster or filler
would work if you keep it from getting into the fitting. Presumably
someone took out larger fittings but for some readon didnt make the
hole good.

NT

galaxi

On 10 Nov 2005 22:25:17 -0800, wrote:

Thanks for the replies chaps, much appreciated.