Default Recommend sealant for corrugated roof?

Hello,

Lots of rain this weekend - good for discovering some leaks in my shed
roof I didn't know were there!

I have corrugated bitumen sheets which are pitched at about 35 degrees
up against a stone wall of a two storey building. There is a cement
fillet along the seam where the roof joins the wall. It's been
waterproof until now, but the torrential rain this weekend resulted in
water pouring down the inside wall of the shed.

What can be done to seal this joint properly? I've read about liquid
rubber type sealants, but are they flexible enough - are they durable?
Is ordinary bitumen paint better, or should I get some of that sticky
flashing tape?

Any advice appreciated,

Robin.

Chris Bacon

meow2222 wrote:
When you come to do it properly, best not to use cement.

A fillet of anything in this situation is a bodge.

Cement on stone damages the stone over the years. Lime
doesnt, and is to a limited extent self healing if it cracks.

Would you use a fillet of lime mortar in this situation?

Low Pitch - leaky roof bclee05 Home Repair 6 March 23rd 05 08:26 PM
FLAT ROOF - modern recovering methods? Richard Sterry UK diy 10 March 29th 04 10:28 AM
Leaky Ultraframe conservatory roof Jasper UK diy 6 December 2nd 03 11:43 PM
Garden Shed Roof Leaking News UK diy 3 November 6th 03 09:05 PM
Roof Repairs Suzanne Home Repair 1 July 11th 03 03:58 PM