Lobster

Default 'Fugee' silicone applicator kit, anyone?

Has anyone tried one of these gizmos?

It was recommended to me the other day by a kitchen fitter; he reckons
these are the mutt's nuts for achieving a perfect finish/seal using
silicone sealant round a bath or back of a worktop (well, it would need
to be at 10 quid a pop!). Apparently it's made of a special material
which repels the silicone or something so there's no mess or residue?

http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/410-13327

Am quite tempted to give it a whirl but wondered if anyone else would
recommend it.

David
Andy Dingley

On Sat, 05 Nov 2005 13:13:09 GMT, Lobster
wrote:

Has anyone tried one of these gizmos?

Yes, they're wonderful.

A little work with a good block plane and an old washing up bowl and you
can make your own. Use polypropylene of the right stiffness and you need
to get a good feather edge on them. Fibreglass or P38 kits often
include something suitable, but without the rounded corners.

Mike Dodd

Lobster wrote:
Has anyone tried one of these gizmos?

It was recommended to me the other day by a kitchen fitter; he reckons
these are the mutt's nuts for achieving a perfect finish/seal using
silicone sealant round a bath or back of a worktop (well, it would need
to be at 10 quid a pop!). Apparently it's made of a special material
which repels the silicone or something so there's no mess or residue?

http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/410-13327

Am quite tempted to give it a whirl but wondered if anyone else would
recommend it.

David

Got a fuggenboy kit from Screwfix - similar; also, rather handy and work
well. A damned-sight better tool than the plasplug (forget-the-name)
sculpting spatula things

Also, great conversation piece - guys from work were racking their
brains (and sneaking glances at the SF catalogue trying to work out WTF
they were)
Mike Dodd

Lobster wrote:
Has anyone tried one of these gizmos?

It was recommended to me the other day by a kitchen fitter; he reckons
these are the mutt's nuts for achieving a perfect finish/seal using
silicone sealant round a bath or back of a worktop (well, it would need
to be at 10 quid a pop!). Apparently it's made of a special material
which repels the silicone or something so there's no mess or residue?

http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/410-13327

Am quite tempted to give it a whirl but wondered if anyone else would
recommend it.

David

Actually, further to my last reply, just watched the video on the link
you gave and realised that I was using my fuggenboy's wrong; Anyway,
saturday saw me seal the OTHER half of the worktop (don't ask) and I
tried the method on the video WITHOUT ANY MASKING - worked brilliantly.

Highly recommended! (also, watch the video - it looks too staged, but
trust me, they actually do work like they show)

What is silicone caulk made out of? PipeDown Home Repair 1 June 14th 05 07:14 AM
stuck windows - looking for non-smelly silicone lube Veggie Home Repair 11 August 31st 04 11:09 PM
stuck windows - looking for non-smelly silicone lube Veggie Home Ownership 9 August 31st 04 11:09 PM
Silicone sealant Graeme UK diy 4 June 11th 04 01:56 PM
Mildew resistant silicone ... Not! Veggie Home Ownership 3 February 22nd 04 03:19 AM