Barnsey

Default Coloured grout

I am to lay some dark gray 100mm square cobbles that are on a roll in
the garden which firstly means the gaps between them are quite wide and
secondly will need to be grouted with something also in a darkish gray.
Can anyone recommend where to get something appropriate? I have
previously used some dark gray grouting for internal tiles but not sure
if this would be appropriate for this outside job.

John Schmitt

On Fri, 04 Nov 2005 10:06:27 -0000, Barnsey
wrote:

I am to lay some dark gray 100mm square cobbles that are on a roll in
the garden which firstly means the gaps between them are quite wide and
secondly will need to be grouted with something also in a darkish gray.
Can anyone recommend where to get something appropriate? I have
previously used some dark gray grouting for internal tiles but not sure
if this would be appropriate for this outside job.

Cement based grouts are suitable for exterior use. If you have doubts call
the technical helpline. Probably you will be suggested a pointing mortar,
which is designed for wider joints, typically up to 20mm.

John Schmitt

Christian McArdle

I am to lay some dark gray 100mm square cobbles that are on a roll in
the garden which firstly means the gaps between them are quite wide and
secondly will need to be grouted with something also in a darkish gray.

Personally I would use Ardex-Flex-FL grout. This is cement based, available
in grey and is suitable for external locations and standing water if
drainage is less than perfect.

http://www.ardex.co.uk/ardexflex_fl.asp

An alternative is Ardurit GK (probably with Ardion 101 admix for additional
water proofing)

http://www.ardex.co.uk/ardex_gk.asp
http://www.ardex.co.uk/ardex_e101.asp

Read the data sheets and see which is best for your specific application, as
only you know all the details.

Christian.

black grout off stone coloured tiles in2minds UK diy 1 March 29th 05 05:30 PM
Grout Sealant cover Home Ownership 9 March 16th 05 03:14 PM
Grout Sealant cover Home Repair 10 March 16th 05 03:14 PM
Shower tile - verticle seams - caulk or grout? dango Home Repair 3 September 26th 04 11:07 PM
tool for prying old grout out? peter Home Repair 4 March 2nd 04 07:06 AM