Rick

Default New heating Regs?

I've just heard that from April next year there will be new regulations in force where the house
will need to be "Pressure Tested" to comply with new insulation requirements.

Any body know of an on-line source for these regs?

I've also heard that there is nobody set up to do these tests yet. Typical...

Rick... (The other Rick)
Dave Fawthrop

On 31 Oct 2005 05:02:03 -0600, Rick wrote:

| I've just heard that from April next year there will be new regulations in force where the house
| will need to be "Pressure Tested" to comply with new insulation requirements.
|
| Any body know of an on-line source for these regs?
|
| I've also heard that there is nobody set up to do these tests yet. Typical...

The fake email addy Rick, , says it all

Good joke though.
--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
Ed Sirett

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 11:12:09 +0000, Dave Fawthrop wrote:

On 31 Oct 2005 05:02:03 -0600, Rick wrote:

| I've just heard that from April next year there will be new regulations in force where the house
| will need to be "Pressure Tested" to comply with new insulation requirements.
|
| Any body know of an on-line source for these regs?
|
| I've also heard that there is nobody set up to do these tests yet. Typical...

The fake email addy Rick, , says it all

No it's not a joke this stuff is coming down the line. The latest Gas
Installer made mention of it, not a magazine that usually runs spoof
articles even for the April issue.

Matt

Rick wrote:

I've just heard that from April next year there will be new regulations in force where the house
will need to be "Pressure Tested" to comply with new insulation requirements.

Any body know of an on-line source for these regs?

I've also heard that there is nobody set up to do these tests yet. Typical...

Fit a tyre valve through a hole in the door and get Two Jags to
inflate the house using a foot pump. Apply soapy water to various
points on the house to detect leaks, rectify and repeat inflation
procedure until Two Jags either changes his mind or dies. :-)

raden

In message , Matt
writes
Rick wrote:

I've just heard that from April next year there will be new
regulations in force where the house
will need to be "Pressure Tested" to comply with new insulation requirements.

Any body know of an on-line source for these regs?

I've also heard that there is nobody set up to do these tests yet. Typical...

Fit a tyre valve through a hole in the door and get Two Jags to
inflate the house using a foot pump. Apply soapy water to various
points on the house to detect leaks, rectify and repeat inflation
procedure until Two Jags either changes his mind or dies. :-)

/me goes off to cement up his air bricks ...

--
geoff

Doctor Drivel

"Matt" aka Lord Hall wrote in message
Rick wrote:

I've just heard that from April next year there will be new regulations

in force where the house
will need to be "Pressure Tested" to comply with new insulation

requirements.

Any body know of an on-line source for these regs?

I've also heard that there is nobody set up to do these tests yet.

Typical...

Fit a tyre valve through a hole in the door and get Two Jags to
inflate the house using a foot pump. Apply soapy water to various
points on the house to detect leaks, rectify and repeat inflation
procedure until Two Jags either changes his mind or dies. :-)

Lord Hall, your Little Middle England tendencies are still there. Please
get therapy.

Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
Matt writes:
Rick wrote:

I've just heard that from April next year there will be new regulations in force where the house
will need to be "Pressure Tested" to comply with new insulation requirements.

Any body know of an on-line source for these regs?

I've also heard that there is nobody set up to do these tests yet. Typical...

Fit a tyre valve through a hole in the door and get Two Jags to
inflate the house using a foot pump. Apply soapy water to various
points on the house to detect leaks, rectify and repeat inflation
procedure until Two Jags either changes his mind or dies. :-)

"You're only s'posed to blow the bloody doors off" ;-)

There certainly are companies which do pressure testing in
commercial environments. It's required whereever you have
a halon, FM200, etc fire extinguishing gas discharge system.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Rick

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 12:23:12 -0000, Rob Morley wrote:

In article ,
says...
I've just heard that from April next year there will be new regulations in force where the house
will need to be "Pressure Tested" to comply with new insulation requirements.

Any body know of an on-line source for these regs?

http://tinyurl.com/c4ore

Many Thanks

Rick... (The other Rick)
Mr Fizzion

On 31 Oct 2005 05:02:03 -0600, Rick wrote:

I've just heard that from April next year there will be new regulations in force where the house
will need to be "Pressure Tested" to comply with new insulation requirements.

Any body know of an on-line source for these regs?

I've also heard that there is nobody set up to do these tests yet. Typical...

Rick... (The other Rick)

Presumably you'd need a pretty powerful compressor to inflate a whole
house quickly. This is going to create a lot of noise in the
neighbourhood and also the risk of flying bricks/glass/concrete etc if
the pressure testing personnel are incompetent.

Mr F.

Tony Bryer

In article , Rick wrote:
I've just heard that from April next year there will be new regulations
in force where the house will need to be "Pressure Tested" to comply
with new insulation requirements.

Any body know of an on-line source for these regs?

It's in the new Part L Approved Document that comes into force 6th April
2006. See paras 54ff. Download link on
http://www.odpm.gov.uk/index.asp?id=1130479 (L1a AD)

I've also heard that there is nobody set up to do these tests yet.
Typical...

See http://www.attma.org/about_attma.htm . There are just a handful of
firms that currently do this. Of course the requirement for testing will
probably encourage more entrants.

There is an underlying serious issue here in that as you make U-value
requirements tighter and tighter ventilation losses become far more
significant. Thus the motto "build tight, ventilate right".

[Latest version QSEDBUK 1.10 released 4 April 2005]