Default Fiorelli combi boiler

We have recently removed and capped off a downstairs radiator. Now the
hot water runs really slow - it starts off okay then runs down. There
are no leaks anywhere and the pressure is ok. Any ideas - all answers
in idiots language please.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

So sorry for not responding sooner - yes the cold tap is the same as it
was and yes we did refill the heating after the radiator removal.

Any other ideas?

Ed Sirett wrote:
On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 10:35:24 -0800, jukesy wrote:

We have recently removed and capped off a downstairs radiator. Now the
hot water runs really slow - it starts off okay then runs down. There
are no leaks anywhere and the pressure is ok. Any ideas - all answers
in idiots language please.

Is the flow of cold water as it was or is that also affected?

Did you refill the heating after the radiator removal?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ed Sirett

Ed Sirett wrote:
On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 10:35:24 -0800, jukesy wrote:

We have recently removed and capped off a downstairs radiator. Now the
hot water runs really slow - it starts off okay then runs down. There
are no leaks anywhere and the pressure is ok. Any ideas - all answers
in idiots language please.

Is the flow of cold water as it was or is that also affected?

Did you refill the heating after the radiator removal?

Maybe some crud is now blocking the CW supply into or through the boiler.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

If there was some crud blocking the CW supply, wouldn't it interfere
with the CW flow as well as the HW flow - we only have trouble with the
hot water flow - cold is fine and fast.

Ed Sirett wrote:
On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 10:35:24 -0800, jukesy wrote:

We have recently removed and capped off a downstairs radiator. Now the
hot water runs really slow - it starts off okay then runs down. There
are no leaks anywhere and the pressure is ok. Any ideas - all answers
in idiots language please.

Is the flow of cold water as it was or is that also affected?

Did you refill the heating after the radiator removal?

Maybe some crud is now blocking the CW supply into or through the boiler.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ed Sirett

On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 14:51:48 -0800, jukesy wrote:

If there was some crud blocking the CW supply, wouldn't it interfere
with the CW flow as well as the HW flow - we only have trouble with the
hot water flow - cold is fine and fast.

As I said INTO or THROUGH the boiler. Obvously the cold supply upstream of
the boiler is OK.

New condensing boiler installation - truth or lies Martin Evans UK diy 57 July 2nd 05 02:13 PM
Condensing Boiler News RedOnRed UK diy 0 April 9th 05 05:37 PM
combi boiler - efficiency and cost ARWadsworth UK diy 23 January 4th 05 02:12 PM
new combi experience report Fred UK diy 12 December 5th 04 09:11 PM
New Combi boiler GB UK diy 7 September 7th 03 11:34 PM