Funfly3

Default heating plumber recomendation or sugestions for a bolier fix

I have a Baxi Solo 3 PF 30/80 boiler with a slight fault, the pump will stay
on for hours after the boiler is switched off , I know its supposed to stay
on for a bit to stop the boiler overheating, but it stays on even when the
water its circulating is cold, it will go off eventually but a bit excessive
at present apart from that its working fine can anybody point me in the
direction of a fix or a decent plumber/heating engineer
Kevin
PS I have a separate valve for heating and water rather than a three port if
that makes any difference

--
Reply Address does work ??

Lurch

On or around Wed, 26 Oct 2005 19:45:09 GMT, "Funfly3"
mused:

can anybody point me in the
direction of a fix or a decent plumber/heating engineer

I know a few in various parts of the country. However, as spread out
as these fellow trades may be there is a hell of a lot of the UK,
which means you would be better of narrowing down your location rather
than us all trying to guess where you are and happening on someone in
your area.
--
| Stuart @ SJW Electrical. Please Reply to group. |
raden

In message , Funfly3
writes
I have a Baxi Solo 3 PF 30/80 boiler with a slight fault, the pump will stay
on for hours after the boiler is switched off , I know its supposed to stay
on for a bit to stop the boiler overheating, but it stays on even when the
water its circulating is cold, it will go off eventually but a bit excessive
at present apart from that its working fine can anybody point me in the
direction of a fix or a decent plumber/heating engineer
Kevin
PS I have a separate valve for heating and water rather than a three port if
that makes any difference

The pump not switching off is a fairly common pcb problem

I might have some in, I don't know

www.cetltd.com

--
geoff
Funfly3

"Lurch" wrote in message
On or around Wed, 26 Oct 2005 19:45:09 GMT, "Funfly3"
mused:

can anybody point me in the
direction of a fix or a decent plumber/heating engineer

I know a few in various parts of the country. However, as spread out
as these fellow trades may be there is a hell of a lot of the UK,
which means you would be better of narrowing down your location rather
than us all trying to guess where you are and happening on someone in
your area.
--
| Stuart @ SJW Electrical. Please Reply to group. |

sorry it would help I meant to add my location which is Reading

Funfly3

"raden" wrote in message
In message , Funfly3
writes
[...]

I had a quick look but I don't know which pcb I need as I have not had the
covers off the boiler??

raden

In message , Funfly3
writes

"raden" wrote in message
In message , Funfly3
writes
[...]

You already said - it's a solo 3

It might not be on the website, it's the same as the solo 2

best to ring

01923 229224

--
geoff

raden wrote:

The pump not switching off is a fairly common pcb problem

I might have some in, I don't know

www.cetltd.com

--
geoff

I was gong to say that if you get someone in the first thing they will
have to do is diagnose the problem then try to fix it. You can save
some money by trying to diagnose it yourself. Seems to me that the
pump is controlled by the boiler so like Geoff says it's probably the
pcb that's at fault. He fixed mine a number of years ago and it was
only 20 or 30 quid. If you get someone in they'll charge you for their
time and will probly either stiff you for a brand new pcb or try to
sell you a new boiler.

Funfly3

wrote in message
oups.com...

raden wrote:

The pump not switching off is a fairly common pcb problem

I might have some in, I don't know

www.cetltd.com

--
geoff

I was gong to say that if you get someone in the first thing they will
have to do is diagnose the problem then try to fix it. You can save
some money by trying to diagnose it yourself. Seems to me that the
pump is controlled by the boiler so like Geoff says it's probably the
pcb that's at fault. He fixed mine a number of years ago and it was
only 20 or 30 quid. If you get someone in they'll charge you for their
time and will probly either stiff you for a brand new pcb or try to
sell you a new boiler.

I just wondered if its the pcb or a temperature probe ??

Funfly3 wrote:
I just wondered if its the pcb or a temperature probe ??

Do you have a room thermostat or some other arrangement? If no
thermostat then it's possible that the pump will run all the time the
timer is on although the water in and out of the boiler shouldn't then
ever be cold.
I guess you're might not be wired up right.

The usual(?) series of events is demand switch goes on (i.e. external
thermostat), contol valves move to wherever they need to be, the pump
starts pumping, then the boiler fires up. When the demand is no longer
there the boiler stops firing and then some seconds later the pump
stops (and the valves.)

RichardS

"Funfly3" wrote in message

"Lurch" wrote in message
On or around Wed, 26 Oct 2005 19:45:09 GMT, "Funfly3"
mused:

can anybody point me in the
direction of a fix or a decent plumber/heating engineer

I know a few in various parts of the country. However, as spread out
as these fellow trades may be there is a hell of a lot of the UK,
which means you would be better of narrowing down your location rather
than us all trying to guess where you are and happening on someone in
your area.
--
| Stuart @ SJW Electrical. Please Reply to group. |

sorry it would help I meant to add my location which is Reading

have a search in the Google groups archive for a poster here by the name of
John Stumbles - I think that he lives & works around the Reading area.

haven't seen him around these parts for a couple of months though.

--

Richard Sampson

mail me at
richard at olifant d-ot co do-t uk

Funfly3

wrote in message
oups.com...

Funfly3 wrote:
I just wondered if its the pcb or a temperature probe ??

Do you have a room thermostat or some other arrangement? If no
thermostat then it's possible that the pump will run all the time the
timer is on although the water in and out of the boiler shouldn't then
ever be cold.
I guess you're might not be wired up right.

The usual(?) series of events is demand switch goes on (i.e. external
thermostat), contol valves move to wherever they need to be, the pump
starts pumping, then the boiler fires up. When the demand is no longer
there the boiler stops firing and then some seconds later the pump
stops (and the valves.)

this boiler is slightly different as it turns the pump on when needed and
the stats turn the boiler on, if all the stats turn off when the boiler is
at full flame it runs the pump which has a shunt between flow and return
until it cools down this allows it to be used in an enclosed kitchen
cupboard with no ventilation

Hot Air Central Heating ron UK diy 6 January 17th 04 02:43 PM
No central heating - HW only threewayvalve and tank therm John UK diy 7 September 29th 03 09:18 AM
Pool water in central heating system Andy Hall UK diy 1 September 2nd 03 05:01 PM
Underfloor heating SC UK diy 112 August 27th 03 02:12 PM
Further to my last post entitled 'Flushing and treating central heating question' David W.E. Roberts UK diy 0 July 29th 03 07:15 PM