Junior Member

Default Combi boiler in bathroom

I want to install a new central heating system in a house I am currently refurbing.
I want to install the new condensing combi boiler in the bathroom.
What restrictions are there with regard to electical safety?
How far do i need to site it away from bath, sink etc?
Where do i site the electrical switch/fuse for the boiler?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Doctor Drivel

"brian" wrote in message

I want to install a new central heating system in a house I am currently
refurbing.
I want to install the new condensing combi boiler in the bathroom.
What restrictions are there with regard to electical safety?
How far do i need to site it away from bath, sink etc?
Where do i site the electrical switch/fuse for the boiler?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If it is in a cupboard and all electrics are inside then no problems.

A Wocester Bosch CDi can be installed in Zone 2 - as long as a doesn't
have a mechanical time fitted and fuse/switch etc is outside.

Mr Fizzion

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 11:05:00 +0100, brian
wrote:

I want to install a new central heating system in a house I am currently
refurbing.
I want to install the new condensing combi boiler in the bathroom.
What restrictions are there with regard to electical safety?
How far do i need to site it away from bath, sink etc?
Where do i site the electrical switch/fuse for the boiler?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

This is according to my boiler installation manual:

"The boiler can be installed in zones 2 or 3. If a mechanical or RF
mechanical timer is fitted the boiler can only be installed in zone 3.
Electrical switches, fused spur and socket outlets must not be
situated in the bathroom"

The installation manual for the boiler with give all the details
anyway.

Mr F.

Mr F. you must have been looking at the same manual that I just browsed
at ;-)

Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by
Mr F. you must have been looking at the same manual that I just browsed
at ;-)
Thanks for your replies, I am about to purchase the boiler (Biasi HE Condensing boiler), I will seek out the installation manual.

Cheers

New condensing boiler installation - truth or lies Martin Evans UK diy 57 July 2nd 05 02:13 PM
Condensing Boiler News RedOnRed UK diy 0 April 9th 05 05:37 PM
Low DHW temperature from combi boiler mish UK diy 4 March 27th 05 02:14 AM
Combi boiler in bathroom - electrical regulations DB UK diy 9 November 5th 04 11:58 PM
Combi Boiler Choice, please help! Andy UK diy 8 June 26th 04 11:08 PM