Default Where and what price for scafold tower ?

I would like to buy a tower rather than a ladder. Mainly for safety
reasons.

I need to replace the guttering and paint the windows. I've not had
much luck with screwfix. It seems they charge £169 per section. Is
this right ?

wrote:
I would like to buy a tower rather than a ladder. Mainly for safety
reasons.

I need to replace the guttering and paint the windows. I've not had
much luck with screwfix. It seems they charge £169 per section. Is
this right ?

I got one of these; http://www.scaffold-towers.co.uk/index2.html Seems
OK and reasonable value for money. The Screfwix list is a bit confusing
and the high prices are for higher quality Aluminium - you get what you
pay for.

cheers

Jacob

Rick

On 25 Oct 2005 00:57:23 -0700, "
wrote:

I would like to buy a tower rather than a ladder. Mainly for safety
reasons.

I need to replace the guttering and paint the windows. I've not had
much luck with screwfix. It seems they charge £169 per section. Is
this right ?

You can get steel towers cheep, they wobble if made more than 2m high.
I got a load of cuplock from www.scaffoldingsupplies.com I made a 6m
tower with it, and then winched a half tonne roof beam into place with
a winch hanging from the top. The only thing I have against it, is its
not easy to put the 3m uprights in off the ground, so I now use 3m
uprights on the bottom, and 2m above that. I have made triangles and
stuff with it, and had it on sloping and stepped ground. I have about
a grands worth. www.scaffoldingsupplies.com even list the price they
will buy it back for when you have finished using it - how cool is
that !!!

Rick

Peter Lynch

On 2005-10-25, wrote:

wrote:
I would like to buy a tower rather than a ladder. Mainly for safety
reasons.

I need to replace the guttering and paint the windows. I've not had
much luck with screwfix. It seems they charge £169 per section. Is
this right ?

I got one of these; http://www.scaffold-towers.co.uk/index2.html

Well, I checked out the website - as a reference they claim
"as supplied to Chunky Chicken" (among others)

So I've got to ask: why would Chunky chicken need scaffolding towers?
Maybe another question would be: who is chunky chicken, and does he
fix guttering?

--
.................................................. .........................
.. never trust a man who, when left alone ...... Pete Lynch .

On 2005-10-25, wrote:

wrote:
I would like to buy a tower rather than a ladder. Mainly for safety
reasons.

I need to replace the guttering and paint the windows. I've not had
much luck with screwfix. It seems they charge £169 per section. Is
this right ?

I got one of these; http://www.scaffold-towers.co.uk/index2.html

Well, I checked out the website - as a reference they claim
"as supplied to Chunky Chicken" (among others)

So I've got to ask: why would Chunky chicken need scaffolding towers?
Maybe another question would be: who is chunky chicken, and does he
fix guttering?

I googled 'chunky chicken' and it seems to be a variety of soup.
Doesn't help much.

John

wrote in message
oups.com...

I would like to buy a tower rather than a ladder. Mainly for safety
reasons.

I need to replace the guttering and paint the windows. I've not had
much luck with screwfix. It seems they charge £169 per section. Is
this right ?

try searching on ebay. your price sounds right for a whole brand new tower

Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
"The3rd Earl Of Derby" writes:

How much is it to rent scaff for a day?
A bloke I know rents out his cherry picker if thats the correct terminolgy
for it, basically a hydraulic lift wagon for £75 a day.

I had proper scaffolding put up at the back of my house,
and that was £400 for 4 weeks, and £15/week thereafter.
It was complicated by having to go round 2 corners and over
a single storey roof. I have a quote for the front which is
simpler of £300, which I'll be doing next summer. It was
so much easier than using a ladder, which is what I've done
in the past.

Prices seem very location specific. My brother asked about
the same in London, and the figures pretty much had an extra
'0' on the end.

--
Andrew Gabriel

Doctor Drivel

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
.. .
In article ,
"The3rd Earl Of Derby" writes:

How much is it to rent scaff for a day?
A bloke I know rents out his cherry picker if thats the correct

terminolgy
for it, basically a hydraulic lift wagon for £75 a day.

I had proper scaffolding put up at the back of my house,
and that was £400 for 4 weeks, and £15/week thereafter.
It was complicated by having to go round 2 corners and over
a single storey roof. I have a quote for the front which is
simpler of £300, which I'll be doing next summer. It was
so much easier than using a ladder, which is what I've done
in the past.

I must be cheaper to buy your own and zip that up.

Doctor Drivel

"Owain" wrote in message
Doctor Drivel wrote:
"Andrew Gabriel" wrote
I had proper scaffolding put up at the back of my house,
and that was £400 for 4 weeks, and £15/week thereafter.

I must be cheaper to buy your own and zip that up.

It would be, only a responsible person would ensure they have public
liability insurance, and insurers will insist the scaff is designed and
erected by Certificated Members of the Honourable Guild of Worshipful
Scaffies.

That's not "Certificated" in quite the same way you're certificated, BTW.

Does

snip drivel

...Owain. Owain, Owain we go
...he gives us info we don't want to know
...the info is so poor tis clearly true
...so how does this garbage affect you?

...well take no heed of babble and drool
...as instantly you will recognise a fool

...instictively you will spy
...in newsgroups with DIY
...attempting wisdom the fools will try

...so be very watchful of what the fools say
...and don't give these half-wits the time of day

Matt

Owain wrote:

It's a shame the
weather's so wet today, you'll have to stay indoors and look at your
nice catalogues instead.

Surely its always wet when "it" is around?

Great responses

Thank you

Doctor Drivel

"Matt" aka Lord Hall wrote in message
news
Owain wrote:

It's a shame the
weather's so wet today, you'll have to stay indoors and look at your
nice catalogues instead.

Surely its always wet when "it" is around?

You obviously feel this through your fingers and toes.

Doctor Drivel

"Owain" wrote in message
Doctor Drivel wrote:
"Matt" aka Lord Hall wrote
It's a shame the
weather's so wet today, you'll have to stay indoors and look at your
nice catalogues instead.
Surely its always wet when "it" is around?

You obviously feel this through your fingers and toes.

Better to feel through the fingers than talk through the arse, as they
say in old Czechoslovakia.

Through their arse? So, the feeling goes.