Sasha_Klamp

Default Cemtex disposal

My house is covered with a sort of textured cement like artex only
its cement so thats why it was called cemtex when it was put on in
1931 but now its got cracks in it and some bits have come off. I can't
find a builder who can repair it or who knows anything about it and
my boyfriend says the best thing to do is to get it all off and paint
on some water seal stuff to protect the bricks. But when I asked at
the local hardware shop about how to remove it they said I should get
in touch with the council as there could be restrictions and rules
and regulations about what I could put in a skip and when I did
that they told me that they were not licenced for cemtex removal
and that I would have call in the army who would blow it up
where it was. I dont want my house to be blown up so is there
anything else I van do? Could I get away with puting a bit of
it into the rubbish bin each week or are there sites that are
licenced for cemtex disposal?

Alex

Sasha_Klamp wrote:
and that I would have call in the army who would blow it up
where it was. I dont want my house to be blown up so is there
anything else I van do? Could I get away with puting a bit of
it into the rubbish bin each week or are there sites that are
licenced for cemtex disposal?

No I think having it all blown up is the only way.

alex
Christian McArdle

and regulations about what I could put in a skip and when I did
that they told me that they were not licenced for cemtex removal
and that I would have call in the army who would blow it up
where it was. I dont want my house to be blown up so is there

Perhaps they got confused with Semtex?

Christian.

M.Pitt

On 20 Oct 2005 01:24:34 -0700, Sasha_Klamp assembled some one
and zeroes in mesage id
roups.com:

[...]

Warm it up with a ciggy lighter or a blowlamp. When you get it
warm enough all of a sudden it will disapear in a flash. Brush
off the soot that will be left behind and Robert is your mothers
brother.

--
MP
Fitz

M.Pitt wrote:
On 20 Oct 2005 01:24:34 -0700, Sasha_Klamp assembled some one
and zeroes in mesage id
roups.com:

snip humerous semtex confusion story

Warm it up with a ciggy lighter or a blowlamp. When you get it
warm enough all of a sudden it will disapear in a flash. Brush
off the soot that will be left behind and Robert is your mothers
brother.

By flash do you mean explosion? I'm no army ordanance expert but I was
under the impression that Cemtex was very stable and if you set fire to
it then it will admittedly burn like buggery but certainly wont explode
without a proper detonator.

Oh christ I'm turning into a uk.d-i-y pedant... runs for the hills

--
Steve F

Doctor Drivel

"Fitz" wrote in message
oups.com...

M.Pitt wrote:
On 20 Oct 2005 01:24:34 -0700, Sasha_Klamp assembled some one
and zeroes in mesage id
roups.com:

snip humerous semtex confusion story

Warm it up with a ciggy lighter or a blowlamp. When you get it
warm enough all of a sudden it will disapear in a flash. Brush
off the soot that will be left behind and Robert is your mothers
brother.

By flash do you mean explosion? I'm no army ordanance expert but I was
under the impression that Cemtex was very stable and if you set fire to
it then it will admittedly burn like buggery but certainly wont explode
without a proper detonator.

Oh christ I'm turning into a uk.d-i-y pedant... runs for the hills

Steve, pedant is wrong word, words like silly know-it-all smart arse and
likes, are more apt.

Fitz

Doctor Drivel wrote:
"Fitz" wrote in message
oups.com...

snip

Oh christ I'm turning into a uk.d-i-y pedant... runs for the hills

Steve, pedant is wrong word, words like silly know-it-all smart arse and
likes, are more apt.

You used to be funny.

You're just dull now.

--
Steve F

Aidan

Sasha_Klamp wrote:

that they told me that they were not licenced for cemtex removal
and that I would have call in the army who would blow it up
where it was. I dont want my house to be blown up so is there
anything else I van do? Could I get away with puting a bit of
it into the rubbish bin each week or are there sites that are
licenced for cemtex disposal?

How very humorous.

It is cement textured render. Tell them it is cement mortar; it is.

They're suggesting it is Semtex, a high explosive, in the mistaken
belief that they are being funny.

Roger Hunt

On Thu, 20 Oct 2005, M.Pitt typed this :
On 20 Oct 2005 01:24:34 -0700, Sasha_Klamp assembled some one
and zeroes in mesage id
groups.com:

[...]

And it sorts out any unsightly nasal hairs too. And eyebrows.
--
Roger Hunt
M.Pitt

On 20 Oct 2005 03:12:53 -0700, Fitz assembled some one and
zeroes in mesage id
roups.com:

M.Pitt wrote:
On 20 Oct 2005 01:24:34 -0700, Sasha_Klamp assembled some one
and zeroes in mesage id
roups.com:

snip humerous semtex confusion story

Warm it up with a ciggy lighter or a blowlamp. When you get it
warm enough all of a sudden it will disapear in a flash. Brush
off the soot that will be left behind and Robert is your mothers
brother.

By flash do you mean explosion? I'm no army ordanance expert but I was
under the impression that Cemtex was very stable and if you set fire to
it then it will admittedly burn like buggery but certainly wont explode
without a proper detonator.

Oh it wont go bang. And it will burn like buggery. But the flash
you get when it burns will be spectacular.

Plastic explosive is great for getting the campfire going.

--
MP

Oh christ I'm turning into a uk.d-i-y pedant... runs for the

hills

Rusty

"Aidan" wrote in message
oups.com...

Sasha_Klamp wrote:

that they told me that they were not licenced for cemtex removal
and that I would have call in the army who would blow it up
where it was. I dont want my house to be blown up so is there
anything else I van do? Could I get away with puting a bit of
it into the rubbish bin each week or are there sites that are
licenced for cemtex disposal?

How very humorous.

It is cement textured render. Tell them it is cement mortar; it is.

They're suggesting it is Semtex, a high explosive, in the mistaken
belief that they are being funny.

No, cemtex is real. Here's a web page with a academic thesis on the
subject:

http://www.doggieville.co.uk/thesis.html

Matt

"Fitz" wrote:

Doctor Drivel wrote:
"Fitz" wrote in message
oups.com...

snip
Oh christ I'm turning into a uk.d-i-y pedant... runs for the hills

Steve, pedant is wrong word, words like silly know-it-all smart arse and
likes, are more apt.

You used to be funny.

You're just dull now.

There is no alternative, his "best" material got ruined in the flood.
True but sad.

Matt Beard

This is the stuff the OP is on about: www.cemtexfibres.com

They may be able to advise, though they are based in South Africa so it
may be best to e-mail them.

Christian McArdle

This is the stuff the OP is on about: www.cemtexfibres.com

Given that the render was apparently applied in 1931 and that polypropylene
(the material used in the cemtexfibres.com site) was invented in the early
1950s, I hereby conclude that the materials are not the same, unless some of
the salient facts are not correct...

Christian.

Aidan

Rusty wrote:

No, cemtex is real.

Yawn. It wasn't funny the forst time around.

It still isn't.

Ali Hopkins

"Sn!pe" wrote in message
.uk...
Aidan wrote:

Rusty wrote:

No, cemtex is real.

Yawn. It wasn't funny the forst time around.

It still isn't.

Who are these strange humourless people invading our serene Shed?

Mundanes....!

Ali

David

In article .com, Fitz
writes

Doctor Drivel wrote:
"Fitz" wrote in message
oups.com...

snip

Oh christ I'm turning into a uk.d-i-y pedant... runs for the hills

Steve, pedant is wrong word, words like silly know-it-all smart arse and
likes, are more apt.

You used to be funny.

You're just dull now.

You're right and the silly name calling is just infantile, If I was
Johns teacher I would be saying that he's capable of so much more.
--
David
Doctor Drivel

"David" wrote in message
In article .com, Fitz
writes

Doctor Drivel wrote:
"Fitz" wrote in message
oups.com...

snip

Oh christ I'm turning into a uk.d-i-y pedant... runs for the hills

Steve, pedant is wrong word, words like silly know-it-all smart arse

and
likes, are more apt.

You used to be funny.

You're just dull now.

You're right

Bertie, he is not right.

snip Bertie drivel

Peter Parry

On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 13:23:55 +0100, "M.Pitt"
wrote:

Oh it wont go bang. And it will burn like buggery. But the flash
you get when it burns will be spectacular.

Actually it burns quite gently, I've brewed many a cup of tea upon
it. Pull up a sandbag and swing a Tilly lamp and I'll tell you the
story about the time I was temporarily unaware of my precise location
in the jungle when out of the darkness appeared....."

--
Peter Parry.
http://www.wpp.ltd.uk/

Henry

Given that the render was apparently applied in 1931 and that
polypropylene
(the material used in the cemtexfibres.com site) was invented in the early
1950s, I hereby conclude that the materials are not the same, unless some
of
the salient facts are not correct...

Hmm, South Africa, fibres bonded by cement, I would hazard a guess that the
business is the same and they have changed the fibres used from asbestos to
polypropylene for fairly obvious reasons.

Deary me, the way the asbestos disposal business is these days I bet it
would be easier and cheaper to dispose of it if it was Semtex.

Henry

Henry

Doctor Drivel

"Fitz" wrote in message
oups.com...

Doctor Drivel wrote:
"Fitz" wrote in message
oups.com...

snip

Oh christ I'm turning into a uk.d-i-y pedant... runs for the hills

Steve, pedant is wrong word, words like silly know-it-all smart arse and
likes, are more apt.

You used to be funny.

You're just dull now.

...oh Fitz oh Fitz he Fitz away
...flipping burgers all the day
...he flips them high and flips them low
...Fitz flips those burgers magically so
...the greatest flipper ever seen
...MacDonalds made him Flipper Queen
...this art is fine and so exact
...to flip the burgers on the Mac
...£5 and hour they pay him so
...to flip those burgers on the go

Tony Davison

On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 16:01:17 +0100, Christian McArdle wrote:

This is the stuff the OP is on about: www.cemtexfibres.com

Given that the render was apparently applied in 1931 and that polypropylene
(the material used in the cemtexfibres.com site) was invented in the early
1950s, I hereby conclude that the materials are not the same, unless some of
the salient facts are not correct...

They may be talking about Sandtex, which is not a render but a cement
based exterior wall paint, which used to be commonly applied over a cement
render.

--
Big Tone
Linz

On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 18:33:55 +0100, David
wrote:

In article .com, Fitz
writes

Doctor Drivel wrote:
"Fitz" wrote in message
oups.com...

snip

Oh christ I'm turning into a uk.d-i-y pedant... runs for the hills

Steve, pedant is wrong word, words like silly know-it-all smart arse and
likes, are more apt.

You used to be funny.

You're just dull now.

You're right and the silly name calling is just infantile, If I was
Johns teacher I would be saying that he's capable of so much more.

If you were John's teacher his parents might remind you about the
correct use of the apostrophe.
--
I am careful and logical and I look things up I don't understand!
When I hear people use the wrong words I get edgy! I am good with
Matt

wrote:

Oh it wont go bang. And it will burn like buggery. But the flash
you get when it burns will be spectacular.

Actually it burns quite gently, I've brewed many a cup of tea upon
it. Pull up a sandbag and swing a Tilly lamp and I'll tell you the
story about the time I was temporarily unaware of my precise location
in the jungle when out of the darkness appeared....."

A confused plumbing counter assistant with a hacksaw?

Doctor Drivel

"Linz" wrote in message
On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 18:33:55 +0100, David
wrote:

In article .com, Fitz
writes

Doctor Drivel wrote:
"Fitz" wrote in message
oups.com...
snip

Oh christ I'm turning into a uk.d-i-y pedant... runs for the hills

Steve, pedant is wrong word, words like silly know-it-all smart arse

and
likes, are more apt.

You used to be funny.

You're just dull now.

You're right and the silly name calling is just infantile, If I was
Johns teacher I would be saying that he's capable of so much more.

If you were John's teacher his parents might remind you about the
correct use of the apostrophe.

Well spotted. When it comes to punctuation some people are just filth.

Aidan

Sena wrote:

No. What's happening is that the OP is trolling, fully aware of what it
does. It's been seen before asking silly questions and never sticking
around for the answer. Ignore it and it may go away.

Probably. 'Find messages by this Author' shows many previous posts in
uk.bdsm.

Guy King

The message
from Sena contains these words:

It's been seen before asking silly questions and never sticking
around for the answer.

But never maliciously and always at least with a modicum of wit. There
are far worse about and this one never bothers me.

--
Skipweasel
Never knowingly understood. (Ivor Cutler)
David

In article ws.net,
Doctor Drivel writes

.. .
wrote:

You're right and the silly name calling is just infantile, If I was
Johns teacher I would be saying that he's capable of so much more.

If you were John's teacher his parents might remind you about the
correct use of the apostrophe.

Well spotted. When it comes to punctuation some people are just filth.

I blame it on state schools
--
David
Doctor Drivel

"David" wrote in message
In article ws.net,
Doctor Drivel writes

.. .
wrote:

You're right and the silly name calling is just infantile, If I was
Johns teacher I would be saying that he's capable of so much more.

If you were John's teacher his parents might remind you about the
correct use of the apostrophe.

Well spotted. When it comes to punctuation some people are just filth.

I blame it on state schools

Disgusting! I can't stand people who always blame someone else for their
own deficiencies.

David

In article ws.net,
Doctor Drivel writes

"David" wrote in message
.. .
In article ws.net,
Doctor Drivel writes

.. .
wrote:

You're right and the silly name calling is just infantile, If I was
Johns teacher I would be saying that he's capable of so much more.

If you were John's teacher his parents might remind you about the
correct use of the apostrophe.

Well spotted. When it comes to punctuation some people are just filth.

I blame it on state schools

Disgusting! I can't stand people who always blame someone else for their
own deficiencies.

So you would do away with teaching establishments altogether would you
John?
--
David
Christian McArdle

Hmm, South Africa, fibres bonded by cement, I would hazard a guess that
the
business is the same and they have changed the fibres used from asbestos

polypropylene for fairly obvious reasons.

That certainly sounds more likely.

Deary me, the way the asbestos disposal business is these days I bet it
would be easier and cheaper to dispose of it if it was Semtex.

Yes, it's become cheaper to decommision nuclear power plants than dispose
even the non-dangerous kind of asbestos.

Christian.

Doctor Drivel

"David" wrote daft things in message
In article ws.net,
Doctor Drivel writes

"David" wrote in message
.. .
In article ws.net,
Doctor Drivel writes

.. .
wrote:

You're right and the silly name calling is just infantile, If I was
Johns teacher I would be saying that he's capable of so much more.

If you were John's teacher his parents might remind you about the
correct use of the apostrophe.

Well spotted. When it comes to punctuation some people are just filth.

I blame it on state schools

Disgusting! I can't stand people who always blame someone else for their
own deficiencies.

So you would do away with teaching establishments altogether would you
John?

Bertie, a good question.

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ws.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
Disgusting! I can't stand people who always blame someone else for their
own deficiencies.

So just who do *you* blame?

--
*Speak softly and carry a cellular phone *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Fitz

Doctor Drivel wrote:
"Fitz" wrote in message
oups.com...

Doctor Drivel wrote:
"Fitz" wrote in message
oups.com...

snip

Oh christ I'm turning into a uk.d-i-y pedant... runs for the hills

Steve, pedant is wrong word, words like silly know-it-all smart arse and
likes, are more apt.

You used to be funny.

You're just dull now.

..oh Fitz oh Fitz he Fitz away
..flipping burgers all the day
..he flips them high and flips them low
..Fitz flips those burgers magically so
..the greatest flipper ever seen
..MacDonalds made him Flipper Queen
..this art is fine and so exact
..to flip the burgers on the Mac
..£5 and hour they pay him so
..to flip those burgers on the go

Hmmm, it's a good attempt but still not really funny. Anyway - don't
you lose TrollPoints or something for putting effort into a reply?
You're trolling pals will be laughing at you all week for not simply
replying with your usual snip stuff. I bet I get a snip babble
this time.

--
Steve F