Stuart

Default Do Screwfix Have A Street Presence .?

Someone has posted a message in a local ( Glasgow) newsgroup saying
that they heard Screwfix are opening a shop locally .I've never heard
of any Screwfix shops ...Has anyone else .??
Stuart

--

Shift THELEVER to reply.

http://www.screwfix.com - click the "help" tab and then "trade
counters" on the left.

Cheers,
Mark

Stuart wrote:
Someone has posted a message in a local ( Glasgow) newsgroup saying
that they heard Screwfix are opening a shop locally .I've never heard
of any Screwfix shops ...Has anyone else .??
Stuart

There's a trade counter in Luton which I've used a number of times.
It's near the demolished B&Q warehouse and Watford Electronics.
It's open 7 days a week. There's no showroom there, although you
can ask to look at a product and they will fetch it out for you.

--
Andrew Gabriel

Stuart

On 19 Oct 2005 04:43:16 -0700, "
wrote:

http://www.screwfix.com - click the "help" tab and then "trade
counters" on the left.

Cheers,
Mark

Well,well,well......I never knew that .
Thanks mark .
Stuart

--

Shift THELEVER to reply.
Doctor Drivel

wrote in message
ups.com...
Stuart wrote:
Someone has posted a message in a local ( Glasgow) newsgroup saying
that they heard Screwfix are opening a shop locally .I've never heard
of any Screwfix shops ...Has anyone else .??
Stuart

There's a trade counter in Luton which I've used a number of times.
It's near the demolished B&Q warehouse and Watford Electronics.
It's open 7 days a week. There's no showroom there, although you
can ask to look at a product and they will fetch it out for you.

Is it limited stock? Can you return any screwfix products, that were order
via mail order?

Mathew Newton

Doctor Drivel wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...
Stuart wrote:
Someone has posted a message in a local ( Glasgow) newsgroup saying
that they heard Screwfix are opening a shop locally .I've never heard
of any Screwfix shops ...Has anyone else .??
Stuart

There's a trade counter in Luton which I've used a number of times.
It's near the demolished B&Q warehouse and Watford Electronics.
It's open 7 days a week. There's no showroom there, although you
can ask to look at a product and they will fetch it out for you.

Is it limited stock? Can you return any screwfix products, that were order
via mail order?

I don't know about the stock issue (not noticed any difference to mail
order i.e. the item you *really* want is the one they don't have), but
the refunds policy at the Bristol counter wrt the return of mail order
goods is that whilst they can accept them the actual refund is
subsequently carried out by the mail order people - all to do with
ensuring the respective books balance. This wasn't the case when it
first opened (no mail order refunds). Exchanges are not a problem.

Mathew

Mr Fuxit

If it's like Bristol, they'll actually fetch out no more than two at a
time, of random selections of unrelated products from adjacent shelves.
t's convenient having the trade counter there, but their picking
accuracy is terrible.

ROTFL!

Doctor Drivel wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...
Stuart wrote:
Someone has posted a message in a local ( Glasgow) newsgroup saying
that they heard Screwfix are opening a shop locally .I've never heard
of any Screwfix shops ...Has anyone else .??
Stuart

There's a trade counter in Luton which I've used a number of times.
It's near the demolished B&Q warehouse and Watford Electronics.
It's open 7 days a week. There's no showroom there, although you
can ask to look at a product and they will fetch it out for you.

Is it limited stock? Can you return any screwfix products, that were order
via mail order?

I've been to the new one in Enfield, North London as I got a letter
about it (obviously in the catchment area). Since having gone there I
discovered they already had one in North West London but they seem to
keep it all low key.

They seem to have pretty much everything except the large stuff.
They've been out of stock a few times though.

Andrew Gabriel

In article ws.net,
"Doctor Drivel" writes:

Is it limited stock?

They've always had what I want in stock, and I don't recall
hearing them telling anyone else that some item was out of
stock.

Can you return any screwfix products, that were order
via mail order?

No idea.

--
Andrew Gabriel

PJK

"Mathew Newton" wrote in message
oups.com...

Doctor Drivel wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...
Is it limited stock? Can you return any screwfix products, that were

order
via mail order?

I don't know about the stock issue (not noticed any difference to mail
order i.e. the item you *really* want is the one they don't have), but
the refunds policy at the Bristol counter wrt the return of mail order
goods is that whilst they can accept them the actual refund is
subsequently carried out by the mail order people - all to do with
ensuring the respective books balance. This wasn't the case when it
first opened (no mail order refunds). Exchanges are not a problem.

You can't do it the other way round, in other words purchases from a trade
counter have to be returned to that counter rather than by the normal mail
order route. This can be a pain.

Peter.

The Screwfix effect Rick UK diy 25 July 29th 05 09:00 AM
Screwfix + Lynx = A change in service contract (at last) [email protected] UK diy 9 December 17th 04 01:00 AM
Screwfix PoP UK diy 28 March 12th 04 09:19 PM
Have I upset Screwfix? PoP UK diy 38 February 22nd 04 11:03 AM
Toronto area lumber? Pick Woodworking 4 November 20th 03 02:29 PM