John Schmitt

Default Not quite DIY, but amusing

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/h...re/4351452.stm

Recounts the antics of the new Portsmouth Spinnaker tower. Not only had
the project ended up costing vastly more than the budget, but on the
official opening day to the public, the lift jammed, trapping trapping the
city council's project manager. :-) :-) :-)

John Schmitt

Dave

John Schmitt wrote:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/h...re/4351452.stm

Recounts the antics of the new Portsmouth Spinnaker tower. Not only had
the project ended up costing vastly more than the budget, but on the
official opening day to the public, the lift jammed, trapping trapping
the city council's project manager. :-) :-) :-)

I don't know about the header, but anything that a council does, should
come under a DIY banner :-(

They certainly do not include the public in their decisions.

I visit Portsmouth quite regularly from here (the North West) and each
time I pass down the M275 I am amazed at the costly antics of the local
council.

Dave
Badger

Dave wrote:

Recounts the antics of the new Portsmouth Spinnaker tower. Not only
had the project ended up costing vastly more than the budget, but on
the official opening day to the public, the lift jammed, trapping
trapping the city council's project manager. :-) :-) :-)

I don't know about the header, but anything that a council does, should
come under a DIY banner :-(

They certainly do not include the public in their decisions.

I visit Portsmouth quite regularly from here (the North West) and each
time I pass down the M275 I am amazed at the costly antics of the local
council.

And the buggers give a discount to portsmouth CT payers to visit the
gaping labia to welcum the skates home tower
Alan

In message , Dave
wrote

I visit Portsmouth quite regularly from here (the North West) and each
time I pass down the M275 I am amazed at the costly antics of the local
council.

In one seaside town the local council pays millions to stack piles of
firewood on a rusty pier - and the local fire brigade claim they had no
water to put the fire out .

--
Alan

Christian McArdle

And the buggers give a discount to portsmouth CT payers to visit the
gaping labia to welcum the skates home tower

Yes, we went on the ferry from Portsmouth a few weeks back. The similarity
to the female genitalia was remarked upon. Was the design intentional?
Perhaps it was to evoke the intentions of the navy sailors as they returned
from a year long voyage?

Christian.