tarquinlinbin

Default Wooden table restoration?

Hello,
I have a Mcintosh circular dining table which is about 4ft diameter.
The two semicircular halves slide apart to reveal a mid section and
there are matching chairs. My partner wants to bin it for something
more modern but I am of a mind to restore it and have the chairs
re-upholstered as i think its a fine piece of furniture. The central
section of the table has rarely been used and is in near perfect
condition. The circular top has a few fine scratches and is probably
ingrained with years of wax etc. I'd like to restore the circular top
to the same condition as the central section. How can i cut off the
years of wax?. Is it a job for a professional restorer?

thanks

joe

Be a good Global citizen-CONSUMECONFORMOBEY

Circumcision- A crime and an abuse.
http://www.sexuallymutilatedchild.org/
Andy

"tarquinlinbin" wrote in message
Hello,
I have a Mcintosh circular dining table which is about 4ft diameter.
The two semicircular halves slide apart to reveal a mid section and
there are matching chairs. My partner wants to bin it for something
more modern but I am of a mind to restore it and have the chairs
re-upholstered as i think its a fine piece of furniture. The central
section of the table has rarely been used and is in near perfect
condition. The circular top has a few fine scratches and is probably
ingrained with years of wax etc. I'd like to restore the circular top
to the same condition as the central section. How can i cut off the
years of wax?. Is it a job for a professional restorer?

The wax can be removed by a wax remover, try Libron, I think they
are a brand that does wax removal fluid.

Andy

If it is good quality furniture don't do it beyond a bit of cleaning
up. If old the middle section _should_ look different from the
exposed bits. Over-restoration can knock off value. If you want new
looking furniture buy new furniture. Same with re-upholstery - only do
if essential.

cheers

Jacob