Brian Reay

Default Energy Saving Bulbs & "Flash" when off.

We've just fitted a some energy saving bulbs- the sort that fit an ordinary
bulb holder and have a group of about seven glass cylinders forming the
"bulb". They work OK but we've notice a dull "flash" about every 30s when 2
of them are turned off.

We've fitted six in total, 2 in table lamps (no flashing), 4 in bedrooms,
only 2 of which flash.

I've not tried swapping bulbs between fittings yet but I am intrigued by the
mechanism.

Any ideas?

Brian

Vortex

"Brian Reay" wrote in message
We've just fitted a some energy saving bulbs- the sort that fit an
ordinary bulb holder and have a group of about seven glass cylinders
forming the "bulb". They work OK but we've notice a dull "flash" about
every 30s when 2 of them are turned off.

We've fitted six in total, 2 in table lamps (no flashing), 4 in bedrooms,
only 2 of which flash.

I've not tried swapping bulbs between fittings yet but I am intrigued by
the mechanism.

Any ideas?

Brian

This was discussed a few months ago!

Look at http://tinyurl.com/875tt

(I have the same problem...)

David

Brian Reay

"Vortex" wrote in message
We've just fitted a some energy saving bulbs- the sort that fit an
ordinary bulb holder and have a group of about seven glass cylinders
forming the "bulb". They work OK but we've notice a dull "flash" about
every 30s when 2 of them are turned off.

We've fitted six in total, 2 in table lamps (no flashing), 4 in bedrooms,
only 2 of which flash.

I've not tried swapping bulbs between fittings yet but I am intrigued by
the mechanism.

Any ideas?

This was discussed a few months ago!

Look at http://tinyurl.com/875tt

Thanks, sounds a reasonable explanation.

Brian