Dave Fawthrop

Default Services under garden/garage etc.

I am negotiating, slowly, to buy a bit of land adjacent to my garden, at
present a private drive, which at present has gas electricity and water
services running down it. I will have to dig out three feet at one end
and nothing at the other. I will buy it if possible to improve security.

A developer will shortly build houses on the land at the end of the drive.

I understand that I will need "change of use" planning permission to make
it part of my garden.

What are the rules about putting garages, hardstanding/carport for my
caravan, over gas, water and electrical services. The developer will
almost certainly put in new services for the dozen houses. The local
authority web site says that I do not need planning permission to build a
garage in my garden.

--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
The London suicide bombers killed innocent commuters.
Colin Wilson

What are the rules about putting garages, hardstanding/carport for my
caravan, over gas, water and electrical services.

Contact your local REC as far as the electic is concerned. It`ll be a
chargeable job though in my experience.

--
Please add the word "newsgroup" in the subject line of personal emails
**** My email address includes "ngspamtrap" and " ****

Sharpening Services Nicky Woodworking 4 February 20th 05 03:45 PM
Long Distance Moving Companies, cat transportation services, car transportation services Clark W. Griswold, Jr. Home Ownership 5 January 2nd 05 09:41 PM
Be careful when dealing with Machine Manual Services Kory Hamzeh Metalworking 8 November 15th 03 04:21 PM
domestic non-power wiring services Charles Lamont UK diy 11 September 7th 03 01:21 AM