auston

Default plastering

I'm looking to do some plastering and need some info from anyone who
can help really. As I'm not a professional, and I understand that
plaster goes "off" quite quickly, has anyone tried of a plaster called
"Easy Plaster" - it's supposed to take upto 24 hours to set thereofre
allowing you to take mor time over the job.
Thanks

The3rd Earl Of Derby

auston wrote:
I'm looking to do some plastering and need some info from anyone who
can help really. As I'm not a professional, and I understand that
plaster goes "off" quite quickly, has anyone tried of a plaster called
"Easy Plaster" - it's supposed to take upto 24 hours to set thereofre
allowing you to take mor time over the job.
Thanks

Conventional plaster does not go off "quite quickly", there is a time limit
of 20 min's before it starts setting, although I've been plastering for
some time now I have found that 20 Min's is adequate to apply and level the
wall/s and then come back to it to smooth and polish it.

Just take the plunge choose a smallish wall first and see how you get on,
you'll be suprised how much time you really do have to play about with the
job.

Tips are : get someone to mix the plaster for you as this gives you more
time to apply the plaster without the worry of cleaning the bucket for each
fresh batch.
Also get a mixing paddle for an half inch chuck drill this then improves
the consistancy of the mix.
Keep your trowel clean at every instance when scratches start appearing on
sweeping the plaster across or up'n'down the wall, use broad strokes to
sweep the plaster as this also helps to delay the time with large coverage
of the plaster.
When it comes to polishing the plaster instead of using a large brush to
dampen the plaster in stages use a squirt bottle instead the type you
normally find round the house cleaning materials.
Don't expect a completely flat wall as you will find the end result looks
flat, to get it completely flat takes backing plaster(dry wall adhesive).

Plaster : "Multi finish", is a good alround DIY plaster.
One essential item I have found invaluable is a trestle(walk board), rather
than a set of ladders.

--
Sir Benjamin middlethwaite

The3rd Earl Of Derby

oops! forgot the link.

http://tinyurl.com/9pkbd
--
Sir Benjamin middlethwaite

Drywalling?! Painting & Plastering!?? Jacob Moore Home Repair 2 May 6th 05 11:00 PM
lime plastering - expected costs vs gypsum Stephen Fasham UK diy 42 May 22nd 04 03:59 PM
A few plastering questions Colin E. UK diy 2 March 15th 04 09:35 AM
Old plastering and fireplaces Richard Owen UK diy 1 October 30th 03 12:42 PM
plastering JOE UK diy 2 September 19th 03 12:25 PM