Matthew

Default Replacement UPVC Window Supplier

Hi All,

Can anybody recommend a good online or otherwise supplier of off the
shelf UPVC windows? I just need to replace two rears which seem to be a
fairly standard 60x100, hopefully they shouldnt be too expensive. I did
a quick websearch but could only find installers rather than sellers...

Thanks for any feedback,
Matthew

Lobster

Matthew wrote:

Can anybody recommend a good online or otherwise supplier of off the
shelf UPVC windows? I just need to replace two rears which seem to be a
fairly standard 60x100, hopefully they shouldnt be too expensive. I did
a quick websearch but could only find installers rather than sellers...

www.screwfix.com for standard sizes
http://www.u-fit.co.uk/ for bespoke sizes (never used personally so
can't vouch for them)

You're often best off using a local (ie not franchised) firm -
whereabouts are you? They make up windows to any size to order, there's
often no benefit to picking any standard size... eg I got some quotes
for a standard size window which my local firm would have made up from
scratch; they easily beat the Screwfix price.

David
Eric The Viking

"Lobster" wrote in message
Matthew wrote:

Can anybody recommend a good online or otherwise supplier of off the
shelf UPVC windows? I just need to replace two rears which seem to be a
fairly standard 60x100, hopefully they shouldnt be too expensive. I did
a quick websearch but could only find installers rather than sellers...

www.screwfix.com for standard sizes
http://www.u-fit.co.uk/ for bespoke sizes (never used personally so can't
vouch for them)

You're often best off using a local (ie not franchised) firm - whereabouts
are you? They make up windows to any size to order, there's often no
benefit to picking any standard size... eg I got some quotes for a
standard size window which my local firm would have made up from scratch;
they easily beat the Screwfix price.

David

u-fit have a really good website and I almost ordered a window from them.
The only downside is that they charge about £75.00 delivery unless you are
within their local postcode ( CV ).

Rick

On 26 Sep 2005 03:13:54 -0700, "Matthew" wrote:

Hi All,

Can anybody recommend a good online or otherwise supplier of off the
shelf UPVC windows? I just need to replace two rears which seem to be a
fairly standard 60x100, hopefully they shouldnt be too expensive. I did
a quick websearch but could only find installers rather than sellers...

Thanks for any feedback,
Matthew

I suggest you find the local REHAU factory, a small percentage of the
price of the same item fitted. All the local window fitters will shop
there.

Rick