Graham Jones

Default Roof Ventilation & Soffit Vents

I've been wondering today whether my roof ventilation is adequate or
not. We had a new roof a few years ago and a couple of months later I
went into the loft and discovered all the loft insulation was very wet.
It turned out to be condensation rather than a leaking roof and the
roofer came back and put in four roof vents (the tile variety). Two per
side about half way down. This sorted out the dampness and it is bone
dry in there now.

According to my DIY manual I have eaves of the closed variety and it
mentions that soffit vents should be used with these. My soffits have no
vents, just a solid piece of wood. Looking outside the ends seem to be
closed too.

Now then, are the four tile vents enough to give adequate ventilation? I
am specifically worried about the end of the rafters, would air from the
four tile vents reach this far?

Any thoughts very warmly received!

Thanks,

Graham

Roof vents flash UK diy 11 June 24th 05 08:58 PM
Roof ventilation cooling house Lacustral Home Repair 10 June 12th 05 04:51 PM
Get a New Roof But Don't Add Any Ventilation? Jay Chan Home Repair 12 March 30th 04 05:16 PM
Attic Ventilation Expert Needed - North NJ Area jeff Home Repair 11 March 12th 04 10:35 AM
# of soffit and roof vents???? Cory Lechner Home Repair 6 August 23rd 03 03:49 AM