Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
TallJim

Default Boiler problems

I've been having trouble with my boiler. Due to my refusal to pay
someone an stupid amount of money to fix it, I have tried a bit of DIY.

Basically I have replaced two of the circuit boards and the boiler now
seems to work.

Unfortunatly the boiler only starts up when I manually open the Zone
Valves. The times control box doesn't seem to have any effect on the
system at all (although it does have power, and seems to be turning
itself on and off at the correct times).

Does this sound like a problem with the control box, as the boiler and
pump start up when I manually open the valves. Is the control box only
responisble for opening and closing the zone values automatically ?

Thanks for any advice

New condensing boiler installation - truth or lies Martin Evans UK diy 57 July 2nd 05 02:13 PM
Problems with Noisy Flapper on Weil-McLain Oil Boiler frank1492 Home Repair 1 February 7th 05 08:52 PM
Boiler problems Mogweed UK diy 2 January 25th 05 12:44 PM
11degC across Boiler, why? Tom UK diy 54 September 24th 04 07:32 AM
Near death boiler + replacing a boiler David Hearn UK diy 9 January 26th 04 12:44 PM