TallJim

Default Boiler problems

I've been having trouble with my boiler. Due to my refusal to pay
someone an stupid amount of money to fix it, I have tried a bit of DIY.

Basically I have replaced two of the circuit boards and the boiler now
seems to work.

Unfortunatly the boiler only starts up when I manually open the Zone
Valves. The times control box doesn't seem to have any effect on the
system at all (although it does have power, and seems to be turning
itself on and off at the correct times).

Does this sound like a problem with the control box, as the boiler and
pump start up when I manually open the valves. Is the control box only
responisble for opening and closing the zone values automatically ?

Thanks for any advice