Connor T

Default How to change the blade on a PPro Table Circular Saw?

Hi,

I have a Performance Pro Sliding cut circular saw.

I've tried to follow the instructions for changing the blade ( the
default blade is a 40t ripper! ) and I can't get it apart!

Does anyone have any hints/tips with this device?

Also, what number tooth blade is best to use for neat cuts, cutting
softwood ( e.g. pine )

Thanks!
Dan

Tony Bryer

In article .com,
Connor T wrote:
I have a Performance Pro Sliding cut circular saw.

I've tried to follow the instructions for changing the blade ( the
default blade is a 40t ripper! ) and I can't get it apart!

If it's like my Ryobi it's a reverse thread bolt - i.e. undoes in the
opposite way to usual

[Latest version QSEDBUK 1.10 released 4 April 2005]

Andy Hall

On 7 Sep 2005 02:34:02 -0700, "Connor T"
wrote:

Hi,

I have a Performance Pro Sliding cut circular saw.

I've tried to follow the instructions for changing the blade ( the
default blade is a 40t ripper! ) and I can't get it apart!

You could try pushing the blade (with saw unplugged of course) against
a scrap of wood held in a vice etc. Idea is to lock the blade from
rotating. THen using a second block of wood as a cushion on the
spanner, tap the second block with a hammer.

Does anyone have any hints/tips with this device?

Also, what number tooth blade is best to use for neat cuts, cutting
softwood ( e.g. pine )

If you are using the original blade, then usually replacing it with a
decent one like a Freud or a CMT will make a huge difference anyway.
Watch the overall and hole diameters though.

For finer work, a larger number of teeth is normally better.

Other things that you can do is to put a second piece of material
under the piece to be cut or to put some tape on the underside of the
piece. THis should reduce or prevent tearout.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl