Ben Edgington

Default Check valves

Hi All,

Can anybody please enlighten me regarding double and single
check valves?

Questions:

(1) What is the difference between them, and how should I
choose which is appropriate for any given application?
(I know that the water regs sometimes specify which to
use.)

(2) Every valve I've seen has a screw head on the body or a
hex bolt head. What for? I presume maintenance, but
how?

(3) Screwfix do cheapy 15mm double-check @ 2.39 (16281) and
Pegler d-c @ 6.45 (15139), the latter being BS6282-1
and WRAS approved, the former not. Which would you
buy?

Many thanks!

Ben
--