Junior Member

Default finding a neutral

hiya everyone could someone out their help me please,when i install a boiler etc and a new room thermostat is to be fitted it can be very confusing as to what wires are what,find the live no problem but alot of installations i see is where someone has only fitted 3 core cable and use the earth wire as a switched live if thats the case always tag the switched live to warn others,when i install a complete heating system and full controls always use 4 core ,

here is my problem which i really hope someone can help please

please can someone help how do you get a true test to find the neutral i would be extremly grateful if someone could just clear this frustrating question up please.

all the best
ARWadsworth

"heating tech" wrote in message

hiya everyone could someone out their help me please,when i install a
boiler etc and a new room thermostat is to be fitted it can be very
confusing as to what wires are what,find the live no problem but alot
of installations i see is where someone has only fitted 3 core cable
and use the earth wire as a switched live if thats the case always tag
the switched live to warn others,when i install a complete heating
system and full controls always use 4 core ,

here is my problem which i really hope someone can help please

please can someone help how do you get a true test to find the neutral
i would be extremly grateful if someone could just clear this
frustrating question up please.

all the best

Try looking at the other end of the cable where it enters the boiler or the
wiring juction box near the motorised valves.

Adam

Voltage Appearing Between White Neutral And Gnd Wire ? Robert11 Electronics Repair 4 April 29th 05 12:48 AM
Votage Appearing Between White Neutral And Gnd Wire ? Robert11 Home Repair 8 April 28th 05 03:57 PM
RCD he say 'click' ? T i m UK diy 62 January 17th 05 12:33 AM
Two Circuits, Neutrals and Bare Wire Grounds Gathered, Problem? David W. Walters Home Repair 7 May 24th 04 03:14 PM
Electrical Question new Home Repair 11 November 4th 03 06:54 PM