ARWadsworth

"heating tech" wrote in message

hiya everyone could someone out their help me please,when i install a
boiler etc and a new room thermostat is to be fitted it can be very
confusing as to what wires are what,find the live no problem but alot
of installations i see is where someone has only fitted 3 core cable
and use the earth wire as a switched live if thats the case always tag
the switched live to warn others,when i install a complete heating
system and full controls always use 4 core ,

here is my problem which i really hope someone can help please

please can someone help how do you get a true test to find the neutral
i would be extremly grateful if someone could just clear this
frustrating question up please.

all the best

Try looking at the other end of the cable where it enters the boiler or the
wiring juction box near the motorised valves.

Adam