Graham Harrison

Default Manhole covers for Septic Tank

The manhole cover for my septic tank needs replacing. Measured it as
510x655 then phoned a local builders merchant who told me they are "all
600x450 these days".

Is that true? Anyone know where I can get one the size I need? A source
anywhere between Yeovil and Heathrow is probably accessible (or online).

Thanks.

Rick

On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 20:53:59 +0000 (UTC), "Graham Harrison"
wrote:

The manhole cover for my septic tank needs replacing. Measured it as
510x655 then phoned a local builders merchant who told me they are "all
600x450 these days".

Is that true? Anyone know where I can get one the size I need? A source
anywhere between Yeovil and Heathrow is probably accessible (or online).

Thanks.

The local steel fabricators will probably make you one.

Rick

Graham Harrison

wrote:

The manhole cover for my septic tank needs replacing. Measured it as
510x655 then phoned a local builders merchant who told me they are "all
600x450 these days".

Is that true? Anyone know where I can get one the size I need? A

source
anywhere between Yeovil and Heathrow is probably accessible (or online).

Thanks.

The local steel fabricators will probably make you one.

Rick

I'd begun to think I'd have to scour local scrap yards or haunt sites where
old buildings are being demolished. Thanks for that, I'll make some
enquiries during the week.

Michael Mcneil

"Graham Harrison" wrote in
message

"Rick" wrote in message

The manhole cover for my septic tank needs replacing. Measured it as
510x655 then phoned a local builders merchant who told me they are "all
600x450 these days".

The local steel fabricators will probably make you one.

Thanks for that, I'll make some enquiries during the week.

Don't be silly. Just buy a new one and set it in fresh concrete.

Insert a sheet of chipboard or ply; 600 x 700, under the present one.
Use a line tied through the middle to hold it in place.

Break the old one out with a hammer and boulster chisel. Remove detritus
and reset the new one and concrete all around it with a strongish mix.

The supplier will tell you the right ratio. You will get the lot
delivered from a small builder's yard and it won't cost a lot.

Graham Harrison

You've never seem me try and do something like that!
"Michael Mcneil" wrote in message
news:ea801838ad8e55359ebd283f58e20525.45219@mygate .mailgate.org...
"Graham Harrison" wrote in
message

"Rick" wrote in message

The manhole cover for my septic tank needs replacing. Measured it as
510x655 then phoned a local builders merchant who told me they are
"all
600x450 these days".

The local steel fabricators will probably make you one.

Thanks for that, I'll make some enquiries during the week.

Don't be silly. Just buy a new one and set it in fresh concrete.

Insert a sheet of chipboard or ply; 600 x 700, under the present one.
Use a line tied through the middle to hold it in place.

Break the old one out with a hammer and boulster chisel. Remove detritus
and reset the new one and concrete all around it with a strongish mix.

The supplier will tell you the right ratio. You will get the lot
delivered from a small builder's yard and it won't cost a lot.

Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

In article ,
Graham Harrison m wrote:

You've never seem me try and do something like that!

Like what?

AJL
Ian Stirling

Graham Harrison wrote:
You've never seem me try and do something like that!

Just don't fall in - without anyone videoing.