Graham Harrison

You've never seem me try and do something like that!
"Michael Mcneil" wrote in message
news:ea801838ad8e55359ebd283f58e20525.45219@mygate .mailgate.org...
"Graham Harrison" wrote in
message

"Rick" wrote in message

The manhole cover for my septic tank needs replacing. Measured it as
510x655 then phoned a local builders merchant who told me they are
"all
600x450 these days".

The local steel fabricators will probably make you one.

Thanks for that, I'll make some enquiries during the week.

Don't be silly. Just buy a new one and set it in fresh concrete.

Insert a sheet of chipboard or ply; 600 x 700, under the present one.
Use a line tied through the middle to hold it in place.

Break the old one out with a hammer and boulster chisel. Remove detritus
and reset the new one and concrete all around it with a strongish mix.

The supplier will tell you the right ratio. You will get the lot
delivered from a small builder's yard and it won't cost a lot.