MM

Default What's current price of heating oil?

I bought some about 9 months ago and it was roughly 26p a litre.

MM
Ray L

30.3p a litre in Lincolnshire a couple of weeks ago for 1000 litres.

MM

On 27 Aug 2005 10:43:22 -0700, "Ray L"
wrote:

30.3p a litre in Lincolnshire a couple of weeks ago for 1000 litres.

Crikey! 4p dearer in 9 months! Thanks Dubya! Thanks Tony!

MM
Michael Chare

"MM" wrote in message
I bought some about 9 months ago and it was roughly 26p a litre.

You need to phone around to get the lowest price.

My neighbour obtained a supply for a number of us at 28.5p + Vat. He had
difficulty in getting the supplier to stick to the price they quoted!

--

Michael Chare

Leveled

"MM" wrote in message
I bought some about 9 months ago and it was roughly 26p a litre.

MM

36.2 p a litre with V A T in Mid Somerset To- day

Crikey! 4p dearer in 9 months! Thanks Dubya! Thanks Tony!

I'm no fan of Dubya and Tony either, but the recenet price increases
have more to do with rising demand and geology. Light sweet crude has
now peaked and production is now declining. There is insufficient
refinery capacity to deal with enough heavy sour crude, for which there
is still a surplus of supply over demand. When total production peaks,
and many oil analysts are now expecting that to happen within the next
very few years, the recent price rises will seem quite trivial.

MM

On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 21:34:09 GMT, raden wrote:

In message . com,
writes

Crikey! 4p dearer in 9 months! Thanks Dubya! Thanks Tony!

I'm no fan of Dubya and Tony either, but the recenet price increases
have more to do with rising demand and geology. Light sweet crude has
now peaked and production is now declining. There is insufficient
refinery capacity to deal with enough heavy sour crude, for which there
is still a surplus of supply over demand. When total production peaks,
and many oil analysts are now expecting that to happen within the next
very few years, the recent price rises will seem quite trivial.

What you have said above is, so we are told, true, but a significant
part of the price rise is due to jitters and uncertainties in the market
because of the state of, shall we say, unease in the middle east. Most
of which is a consequence of Iraq

Significant? Howzabout 95% significant? The Bush/Blair axis has
destabilised world oil, Pat Robertson, a Christian protégé of the
right, calls for Chavez of oil-rich Venezuela to be assassinated, and
the increasing threat of global terrorism is upsetting economies
everywhere. Meanwhile, Americans drive increasingly large SUVs,
including Hummers, as if the impending oil crisis is not in part of
their own making.

MM
MM

On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 21:00:29 +0100, "Michael Chare"
wrote:

"MM" wrote in message
.. .
I bought some about 9 months ago and it was roughly 26p a litre.

You need to phone around to get the lowest price.

My neighbour obtained a supply for a number of us at 28.5p + Vat. He had
difficulty in getting the supplier to stick to the price they quoted!

I don't understand. If the supplier quoted that price, how could he
not stick to it?

MM
MM

On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 21:31:00 +0100, "Leveled" wrote:

"MM" wrote in message
.. .
I bought some about 9 months ago and it was roughly 26p a litre.

MM

36.2 p a litre with V A T in Mid Somerset To- day

This is awful, simply awful.

MM

Michael Chare

"MM" wrote in message
On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 21:00:29 +0100, "Michael Chare"
wrote:

"MM" wrote in message
.. .
I bought some about 9 months ago and it was roughly 26p a litre.

You need to phone around to get the lowest price.

My neighbour obtained a supply for a number of us at 28.5p + Vat. He had
difficulty in getting the supplier to stick to the price they quoted!

I don't understand. If the supplier quoted that price, how could he
not stick to it?

By refusing to supply the order! The new price that the supplier wanted was
still lower than others were quoting. Fortunately my neighbour was able to
persuade the supplier to honour the original price they quoted! (I don't know
the exact details!)

--

Michael Chare

The Natural Philosopher

wrote:

30.3p a litre in Lincolnshire a couple of weeks ago for 1000 litres.

Crikey! 4p dearer in 9 months! Thanks Dubya! Thanks Tony!

MM

www.boilerjuice.com

Watch out and buy now or wait three weeks. Katrina is making waves...
Michael Mcneil

"MM" wrote in message

This is awful, simply awful.

So is starting a thread to save the world by starting out with a simple
price query, you troll.

MM

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 13:59:18 +0000 (UTC), "Michael Mcneil"
wrote:

"MM" wrote in message

This is awful, simply awful.

So is starting a thread to save the world by starting out with a simple
price query, you troll.

I didn't start the thread to save the world, but to enquire about the
price of heating oil. Flippant commentary in subsequent posts is just
me, I'm afraid, as you should know by now if you are not a complete
Usenet novice. What's the problem? I notice YOU didn't know the price
of heating oil, or were not letting on if you did. Punishment for a
troll, I suppose...

MM
The Natural Philosopher

wrote:

"MM" wrote in message

This is awful, simply awful.

So is starting a thread to save the world by starting out with a simple
price query, you troll.

I didn't start the thread to save the world, but to enquire about the
price of heating oil. Flippant commentary in subsequent posts is just
me, I'm afraid, as you should know by now if you are not a complete
Usenet novice. What's the problem? I notice YOU didn't know the price
of heating oil, or were not letting on if you did. Punishment for a
troll, I suppose...

MM

You should get minimum price in about 4 weeks once some of Katrians mess
is cleaned up.

Assuming no more hurricanea

After that every indication is for a record breaking winter price hike.

I got best price last time by wathing oil futures prices and using
www.boilerjuice.com to get a quote, and then getting it improved by a
local supplier.

I would expect 32-35p a liter is as good as it will get this winter.

Dave Liquorice

On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 11:39:20 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

I got best price last time by wathing oil futures prices

Any good URLS for futures prices? What is the average sort of lead
time between futures prices and retail?

With crude prices over $60/barrel and currently low demand I can see
prices soaring this winter. So intend to fill the tank hopefully at a
low price before the winter hike.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

The Natural Philosopher

Dave Liquorice wrote:

On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 11:39:20 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

I got best price last time by wathing oil futures prices

Any good URLS for futures prices? What is the average sort of lead
time between futures prices and retail?

http://uk.warrants.com/

About a week.

But things are odd at the moment: US cannot refine stuff and will start
to purchase refined product: This will distort relationship between
crude and refined oproducts, however its no bad guide.

With crude prices over $60/barrel and currently low demand I can see
prices soaring this winter. So intend to fill the tank hopefully at a
low price before the winter hike.

Over $68, and peaked at $70.

I'm shorting the **** out of the dollar and the US economy,.

After all, thats what any proper free marketeer would do, like GWB...

Not worth going for oil futures - they are falling a little as the
pattern emerges.

Better to take a long position in Shell. (RDSB)
Anna Kettle

On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 20:55:13 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

Dave Liquorice wrote:

Dave & NP

When one of you decides its the right day to buy oil would you please
post a message so I can do the same? I and I am sure many other
uk.d-i-y ers will need to stock up with heating too before winter

Thanks

Anna

~~ Anna Kettle, Suffolk, England
|""""| ~ Lime plaster repairs
/ ^^ \ // Freehand modelling in lime: overmantels, pargeting etc
|____| www.kettlenet.co.uk 01359 230642
Graham P Davis

Michael Mcneil wrote:

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.com

Any good URLS for futures prices? What is the average sort of lead
time between futures prices and retail?

The good news is that we are in for a mild winter and a warm spring.

snip

On "Wake up to Money" yesterday morning, some analyst (Jeremy Batstone I
think) said that the weather forecasters had announced that this coming
winter was going to be severe! I hope his advice on money matters is better
based.

--
Graham Davis
Bracknell
Steve

"Graham P Davis" wrote in message
Michael Mcneil wrote:

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.com

Any good URLS for futures prices? What is the average sort of lead
time between futures prices and retail?

The good news is that we are in for a mild winter and a warm spring.

snip

On "Wake up to Money" yesterday morning, some analyst (Jeremy Batstone I
think) said that the weather forecasters had announced that this coming
winter was going to be severe! I hope his advice on money matters is

better
based.

--

http://www.met-office.gov.uk/researc.../regional/nao/

The Natural Philosopher

wrote:

Dave Liquorice wrote:

Dave & NP

When one of you decides its the right day to buy oil would you please
post a message so I can do the same? I and I am sure many other
uk.d-i-y ers will need to stock up with heating too before winter

Please look at www.boilerjuice.com yourselves.
It is as near as it gets to what spot on-the-street prices are in your area.

My belief is that they take best prices from a group of reatilers in all
areas, add about 0.1p and then quote them.

Now may not be a bad time if you arealready low: the USA will start to
buy oil and oil products over the next month or two, inflating te
price... otherwise early November is the time I estimate to be good, IF
another hurricane hasn't come along to the party...

here are signs of a massive energy shortage this winter - not so much
because of lack of crude, but lack of refining.

We may see petrol and diesel rationing and high gas prices.

Insulate now and get used to turning the stat down.

Thanks

Anna

~~ Anna Kettle, Suffolk, England
|""""| ~ Lime plaster repairs
/ ^^ \ // Freehand modelling in lime: overmantels, pargeting etc
|____| www.kettlenet.co.uk 01359 230642

The Natural Philosopher

wrote:

Dave Liquorice wrote:

Dave & NP

When one of you decides its the right day to buy oil would you please
post a message so I can do the same? I and I am sure many other
uk.d-i-y ers will need to stock up with heating too before winter

Thanks

Anna

Oh, and I woke up this morning to find that my euro/dollar position had
appreciated by nearly 30% overnight.

That's another 5 tanks of oil I can afford

~~ Anna Kettle, Suffolk, England
|""""| ~ Lime plaster repairs
/ ^^ \ // Freehand modelling in lime: overmantels, pargeting etc
|____| www.kettlenet.co.uk 01359 230642

DJC

Steve wrote:
Michael Mcneil wrote:
"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
The good news is that we are in for a mild winter and a warm spring.

On "Wake up to Money" yesterday morning, some analyst (Jeremy Batstone I
think) said that the weather forecasters had announced that this coming
winter was going to be severe! I hope his advice on money matters is

http://www.met-office.gov.uk/researc.../regional/nao/

blockquoteThe bias towards warmer than average conditions persists
to the end of January over the UK. Over parts of central and
northeastern Europe, average or below average conditions become favoured
by the end of January and current indications suggest this trend will
continue, leading to below average temperatures for the full winter
2005/06 period (December-January-February). /blockquote

So warmer until january then colder thereafter.

--
David Clark

$message_body_include ="PLES RING IF AN RNSR IS REQIRD"
Pete B

Michael Mcneil wrote:

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.com

Any good URLS for futures prices? What is the average sort of lead
time between futures prices and retail?

The good news is that we are in for a mild winter and a warm spring.

snip

On "Wake up to Money" yesterday morning, some analyst (Jeremy Batstone I
think) said that the weather forecasters had announced that this coming
winter was going to be severe! I hope his advice on money matters is
better
based.

--
Graham Davis
Bracknell
It was raining cats and dogs and I fell in a poodle. - Chic
Murray(1919-1985)

Not according to anything from the UKMO then:

http://www.metoffice.com/research/se...erce_cat2.html

Although they do forecast a negative NAO:

http://www.metoffice.com/research/se...nao/index.html

And the two statistical forecasts for winter 2005/2006 do not agree, so pays
your money and takes your choice ;-)

I know which I'm going for taking everything into account and it's not the
one most wish for.

--
Pete

Please take my dog out twice to e-mail

The views expressed above are entirely those of the writer and
do not represent the views, policy or understanding of any
other person or official body.

Anna Kettle

On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 10:38:50 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

Oh, and I woke up this morning to find that my euro/dollar position had
appreciated by nearly 30% overnight.

That's another 5 tanks of oil I can afford

Put the champers in the fridge. I'll be round in half an hour

Anna

~~ Anna Kettle, Suffolk, England
|""""| ~ Lime plaster repairs
/ ^^ \ // Freehand modelling in lime: overmantels, pargeting etc
|____| www.kettlenet.co.uk 01359 230642

The Natural Philosopher

DJC wrote:

Steve wrote:

Michael Mcneil wrote:

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
The good news is that we are in for a mild winter and a warm spring.

On "Wake up to Money" yesterday morning, some analyst (Jeremy Batstone I
think) said that the weather forecasters had announced that this coming
winter was going to be severe! I hope his advice on money matters is

http://www.met-office.gov.uk/researc.../regional/nao/

blockquoteThe bias towards warmer than average conditions persists to
the end of January over the UK. Over parts of central and northeastern
Europe, average or below average conditions become favoured by the end
of January and current indications suggest this trend will continue,
leading to below average temperatures for the full winter 2005/06 period
(December-January-February). /blockquote

So warmer until january then colder thereafter.

That's a pattern I have noticed the last few years.

Warm till Xmas and then bloody freezing!
Michael Mcneil

"Pete B" wrote in message

"Graham P Davis" wrote in message

The good news is that we are in for a mild winter and a warm spring.

On "Wake up to Money" yesterday morning, some analyst (Jeremy Batstone
I think) said that the weather forecasters had announced that this
coming winter was going to be severe! I hope his advice on money
matters is better based.

Not according to anything from the UKMO then:
http://www.metoffice.com/research/se...erce_cat2.html

Although they do forecast a negative NAO:
http://www.metoffice.com/research/se...nao/index.html

And the two statistical forecasts for winter 2005/2006 do not agree,
so you pays your money and takes your choice.

Several weeks ago, someone on the UK.sci.weather newsgroup posted a
series of snowfall peaks covering most of a century. Going by that
graph, I say that we may get some wintery spells in a few years time.
But IIRC we will not have any severe cold weather until 2015 or
thereabout.

This winter will be almost a repeat of last year's, going by the phases
of the moon. If you remember there was an unseasonably mild spell in
January following the amazing events after X-Masque.

Now to business:
Anyone know if the monkey in the Whitehouse managed to finish "Billy The
Goat" over the last few days?

Or did he see his country's most urgent need was sorting out the oil?

He must have been doing something besides eating too many bananas and
crapping in his nest.

My shed & garage electricity supplies & earthing! Sparks UK diy 17 March 31st 05 08:25 PM
sequence of tripping CB Sam UK diy 13 March 24th 04 09:24 AM
How to reduce current on a cheapo mig welder? Keith Marshall Metalworking 3 September 3rd 03 08:46 AM
House won't Sell - Need Advice [email protected] Home Ownership 14 August 7th 03 04:54 AM
Phase converter balancing Karl Townsend Metalworking 7 July 13th 03 12:48 AM