Phil

Default trolls....

Please take a look at the cross-posts before replying - several good
usenet groups have been wrecked by these guys :-

Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y, demon.local, uk.rec.caravanning,
uk.radio.amateur, uk.local.yorkshire, alt.music.white-power,
free.uk.talk.sheffield, alt.troll
From: "Dark Angel" - Find messages
by this author
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 10:10:49 +0000 (UTC)
Subject: Where is Phil Kyle?

Harvey Van Sickle

On 22 Aug 2005, Phil wrote

Please take a look at the cross-posts before replying - several
good usenet groups have been wrecked by these guys :-

Even better -- if you can -- set your newsreader to blank out anything
that's crossposted to more than 3 or 4 groups, maximum. (If one
doesn't see them, there's no temptation at all to reply.)

FWIW, even 3 cross-posts is generous: I've found that anything cross-
posted to more than 2 groups is generally tripe.

--
Cheers,
Harvey
Dark Angel

"Phil" wrote in message ...
Please take a look at the cross-posts before replying - several good
usenet groups have been wrecked by these guys :-

Beg your pardon, didn't realise it was a troll post.

--
Best Wishes
Simon (aka Dark Angel)

Alan Holmes

"Harvey Van Sickle" wrote in message
On 22 Aug 2005, Phil wrote

Please take a look at the cross-posts before replying - several
good usenet groups have been wrecked by these guys :-

Even better -- if you can -- set your newsreader to blank out anything
that's crossposted to more than 3 or 4 groups, maximum. (If one
doesn't see them, there's no temptation at all to reply.)

FWIW, even 3 cross-posts is generous: I've found that anything cross-
posted to more than 2 groups is generally tripe.

But, how do you set up your newsreader to stop multiple newsgroups being
displayed.

I'm using OE6

Alan

--
Cheers,
Harvey

Harvey Van Sickle

On 22 Aug 2005, Alan Holmes wrote

"Harvey Van Sickle" wrote in message
On 22 Aug 2005, Phil wrote

Please take a look at the cross-posts before replying - several
good usenet groups have been wrecked by these guys :-

Even better -- if you can -- set your newsreader to blank out
anything that's crossposted to more than 3 or 4 groups, maximum.
(If one doesn't see them, there's no temptation at all to reply.)

FWIW, even 3 cross-posts is generous: I've found that anything
cross- posted to more than 2 groups is generally tripe.

But, how do you set up your newsreader to stop multiple newsgroups
being displayed.

I'm using OE6

Ah: dunno. Apologies.

(I use XNews, which has it as one of the set-up options -- that's why I
included the "if you can", as I'm not familiar with the set-up options
of other news readers.)

I hope someone who uses OE can help on this -- I find it's an excellent
way to cut down newsgroup "noise".

--
Cheers,
Harvey

mike ring

Even better -- if you can -- set your newsreader to blank out anything
that's crossposted to more than 3 or 4 groups, maximum. (If one
doesn't see them, there's no temptation at all to reply.)

FWIW, even 3 cross-posts is generous: I've found that anything cross-
posted to more than 2 groups is generally tripe.

I absolutely agree, If your newsreader won't do it, get one that will,
there's some good free ones (but none as good as xnews!)

mioke
Harvey Van Sickle

On 22 Aug 2005, mike ring wrote
Harvey wrote

FWIW, even 3 cross-posts is generous: I've found that anything
cross- posted to more than 2 groups is generally tripe.

I absolutely agree, If your newsreader won't do it, get one that
will, there's some good free ones (but none as good as xnews!)

You've been reading my headers....

--
Cheers,
Harvey

Field guide to forum trolls Stormin Mormon Home Repair 1 May 11th 05 01:22 AM
unwanted guest Kathy Home Repair 132 February 6th 05 03:41 PM
Cell Phones Microwave Cancer MilkyWhy Home Repair 8 January 30th 05 09:44 PM
OT -(Imagine that, here in THIS NG) Stop feeding the trolls! Tom Gardner Metalworking 17 March 24th 04 11:45 AM