Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
MM

Default Mixer tap (kitchen sink): spout getting 'heavy' to swivel

My nearly new kitchen (almost brand new house) is fitted with a white
mixer tap on the sink. It has a central swan neck-type spout with hot
and cold taps either side of the body (180 degrees opposite each
other).

Over the last few days I have noticed that the spout is increasingly
difficult to swivel. However, it gets easier when I run the hot tap
for a minute or two. There is a threaded ferrule (a smooth white ring
on the outside, threaded inside where it screws over the boss) holding
the spout into the tap body. I unscrewed the ferrule and there appears
to be a kind of circlip that actually holds the spout in place. (The
ferrule merely covers up the clip.) However, the circlip, while having
a small gap in its circumference, is round in section and looks pretty
impossible to get out.

Is this in any way serviceable? Could I actually achieve anything by
removing the spout and possibly replacing a seal? The 'feel' you get
when you turn the spout is of a rubber seal that is 'dry'.

MM

Replacing kitchen sink Alex Home Ownership 2 August 7th 05 01:19 PM
Feedback: new tap on kitchen sink [email protected] UK diy 0 May 18th 05 08:18 PM
Enamel Kitchen Sink pkmicro Home Repair 2 April 12th 05 03:29 PM
kitchen sink sizes Neil Catley UK diy 2 November 2nd 03 12:55 AM
Temp kitchen sink ( putting new granite countertop ) Dipu Home Repair 3 August 1st 03 01:46 AM