MM

Default Mixer tap (kitchen sink): spout getting 'heavy' to swivel

My nearly new kitchen (almost brand new house) is fitted with a white
mixer tap on the sink. It has a central swan neck-type spout with hot
and cold taps either side of the body (180 degrees opposite each
other).

Over the last few days I have noticed that the spout is increasingly
difficult to swivel. However, it gets easier when I run the hot tap
for a minute or two. There is a threaded ferrule (a smooth white ring
on the outside, threaded inside where it screws over the boss) holding
the spout into the tap body. I unscrewed the ferrule and there appears
to be a kind of circlip that actually holds the spout in place. (The
ferrule merely covers up the clip.) However, the circlip, while having
a small gap in its circumference, is round in section and looks pretty
impossible to get out.

Is this in any way serviceable? Could I actually achieve anything by
removing the spout and possibly replacing a seal? The 'feel' you get
when you turn the spout is of a rubber seal that is 'dry'.

MM