Nis

Default Draining radiators - Combi boiler

I am about to drain my Dads central heating radiators (to move pipes to
build a cupboard). I've drained rads before with conventional systems
with header tank, and refilled with inhibitor. Can anyone advise me
what to do with a combi boiler. My Dad says theres no header tank, so
does the system use inhibitor? Where do you put it in? And do you have
to isolate/drain the boiler to drain the Rads?
Any help would be much appreciated
Nis

IAN

Turn off the boiler. Drain the system. Do your work.Put in inhibitor via a
radiator ( a bit tricky ) then refill the system via the filling loop which
should be near the boiler Take the pressure up to approx 1.5bar ( gauge on
boiler )
Check for leaks. Good Luck

"Nis" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am about to drain my Dads central heating radiators (to move pipes to
build a cupboard). I've drained rads before with conventional systems
with header tank, and refilled with inhibitor. Can anyone advise me
what to do with a combi boiler. My Dad says theres no header tank, so
does the system use inhibitor? Where do you put it in? And do you have
to isolate/drain the boiler to drain the Rads?
Any help would be much appreciated
Nis

Ed Sirett

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 01:47:54 -0700, Nis wrote:

I am about to drain my Dads central heating radiators (to move pipes to
build a cupboard). I've drained rads before with conventional systems
with header tank, and refilled with inhibitor. Can anyone advise me
what to do with a combi boiler. My Dad says theres no header tank, so
does the system use inhibitor? Where do you put it in? And do you have
to isolate/drain the boiler to drain the Rads?
Any help would be much appreciated

Back ground help in the Sealed CH FAQ

New condensing boiler installation - truth or lies Martin Evans UK diy 57 July 2nd 05 02:13 PM
Condensing Boiler News RedOnRed UK diy 0 April 9th 05 05:37 PM
new combi experience report Fred UK diy 12 December 5th 04 09:11 PM
Near death boiler + replacing a boiler David Hearn UK diy 9 January 26th 04 12:44 PM
Please help - to microbore or not...? Rebecca UK diy 17 August 21st 03 04:05 PM