Howard

Default 5 lever locks

As above, and ours has stopped functionning.

However I cannot get the oval(ish) locking barrel out of the door.

I presume it should press out once I have removed the fixing
screws behind the cosmetic plate.

The mechanism is a combined latch and lock with that ovalish
barrel lock below the handle.

Any help out there?

--
Howard
ben

Howard wrote:
As above, and ours has stopped functionning.

However I cannot get the oval(ish) locking barrel out of the door.

I presume it should press out once I have removed the fixing
screws behind the cosmetic plate.

The mechanism is a combined latch and lock with that ovalish
barrel lock below the handle.

Any help out there?

Somebody done a good tight fit? put a screwdriver/metal bar through the
handle hole and give the screwdrive a wack on the metal with an hammer to
try and free it.

Newshound

Sounds more like a Eurolock to me; I assume you know that you need to have
the key in place, and rotated about 30 degrees so that the security tongue
now clears. Might be tight as well of course

Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
"Newshound" writes:
Sounds more like a Eurolock to me; I assume you know that you need to have
the key in place, and rotated about 30 degrees so that the security tongue
now clears. Might be tight as well of course

Angles of the tongue can vary. If the lock won't turn, you will
probably need to get a locksmith to break the barrel in half using
a special tool.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Howard

Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
"Newshound" writes:

Sounds more like a Eurolock to me; I assume you know that you need to have
the key in place, and rotated about 30 degrees so that the security tongue
now clears. Might be tight as well of course

Angles of the tongue can vary. If the lock won't turn, you will
probably need to get a locksmith to break the barrel in half using
a special tool.

Eurolock, yes it is. It was the tongue that I didn't know about.
All sorted now, thank you.

--
Howard

Lever in the Way Dr. Deb Woodturning 13 February 24th 05 09:39 PM
Bent iron and lever cap that won't clamp, any hope? Leuf Woodworking 10 October 26th 04 07:05 AM
Pop Up Waste Lever Leak thescullster UK diy 2 August 12th 04 08:43 AM
Freezing locks Kamus of Kadizhar Metalworking 67 June 28th 04 02:18 AM
RUKO locks Dougie Nisbet UK diy 0 November 21st 03 10:04 PM