IMM

Default Torbeck Valve Fill Speed - should it be so slow?

"Harv" wrote in message
Hi all,

The toilet in the main bathroom has a torbeck valve installed, and it

seems
to take an absolute age to fill.

Well, about 90 seconds...

Does this sound reasonable, I have stripped the valve down and cleaned the
filter and there was some rubbish in the flow restrictor, but it doesn't
seem to have helped the flow rate at all.

It runs at mains pressure, and has the mains pressure restricter

installed.

To be fair, the valve does fill very quietly - should I just live with it,
or does anyone have any ideas?

Many thanks,

Harv

IMM, if you read this, then many thanks for your advice the HepVo,
worked a treat!

Thanks. Torbecks come with 3 flow restrictors that insert into the pipe.
Keep trying these until the right one is found. If they are lost then
insert an in-line service valve and restrict or open the flow that way. I
would not find 1.5 mins to fill a toilet slow. You are not operating
toilets at Waterloo where fills have to be in a few seconds. The main
quality of Torbecks is the quietness, which I find superb.

---

Christian McArdle

It runs at mains pressure, and has the mains pressure restricter installed.

Removing the flow restrictor? (Or, more likely, replacing with a less
aggressive one).

Christian.

Andy Hall

On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 11:04:58 +0100, "Harv"
wrote:

Hi all,

The toilet in the main bathroom has a torbeck valve installed, and it seems
to take an absolute age to fill.

Well, about 90 seconds...

Does this sound reasonable, I have stripped the valve down and cleaned the
filter and there was some rubbish in the flow restrictor, but it doesn't
seem to have helped the flow rate at all.

It runs at mains pressure, and has the mains pressure restricter installed.

To be fair, the valve does fill very quietly - should I just live with it,
or does anyone have any ideas?

Many thanks,

Harv

You can try taking the flow restrictor out and clipping a section off
from the end that goes into the valve. This will increase the flow
rate. Do it a little at a time though.....

I had the same issue and resolved it this way

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Dave Plowman

In article ,
Harv wrote:
The toilet in the main bathroom has a torbeck valve installed, and it
seems to take an absolute age to fill.

Well, about 90 seconds...

Does this sound reasonable, I have stripped the valve down and cleaned
the filter and there was some rubbish in the flow restrictor, but it
doesn't seem to have helped the flow rate at all.

It runs at mains pressure, and has the mains pressure restricter
installed.

To be fair, the valve does fill very quietly - should I just live with
it, or does anyone have any ideas?

Yes. The diaphragm has gone hard - replace it.

--
*Half the people in the world are below average.

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn