Dave Plowman

Default Torbeck Valve Fill Speed - should it be so slow?

In article ,
Harv wrote:
The toilet in the main bathroom has a torbeck valve installed, and it
seems to take an absolute age to fill.

Well, about 90 seconds...

Does this sound reasonable, I have stripped the valve down and cleaned
the filter and there was some rubbish in the flow restrictor, but it
doesn't seem to have helped the flow rate at all.

It runs at mains pressure, and has the mains pressure restricter
installed.

To be fair, the valve does fill very quietly - should I just live with
it, or does anyone have any ideas?

Yes. The diaphragm has gone hard - replace it.

--
*Half the people in the world are below average.

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn