Andy Hall

Default Torbeck Valve Fill Speed - should it be so slow?

On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 11:04:58 +0100, "Harv"
wrote:

Hi all,

The toilet in the main bathroom has a torbeck valve installed, and it seems
to take an absolute age to fill.

Well, about 90 seconds...

Does this sound reasonable, I have stripped the valve down and cleaned the
filter and there was some rubbish in the flow restrictor, but it doesn't
seem to have helped the flow rate at all.

It runs at mains pressure, and has the mains pressure restricter installed.

To be fair, the valve does fill very quietly - should I just live with it,
or does anyone have any ideas?

Many thanks,

Harv

You can try taking the flow restrictor out and clipping a section off
from the end that goes into the valve. This will increase the flow
rate. Do it a little at a time though.....

I had the same issue and resolved it this way

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl