Jacky

Default ELU Table Saw TGS173

Can anyone tell me where I can get a spanner for removing the blade, to find
the blade bore size and get a new one. I've googled and can find other
spares but not the spanner.

Thanks in advance.

Jacky

ben

Jacky wrote:
Can anyone tell me where I can get a spanner for removing the blade,
to find the blade bore size and get a new one. I've googled and can
find other spares but not the spanner.

Thanks in advance.

Jacky

Hi that model is the same as the..."Dewalt DW 743", any spanner will do if
you know the nut size? and can be got from any DIY shed.

Jacky

Sorry but I'm confusing things a bit here (women and power tools eh!). The
thing I mean is the tool thingy with the two little prongs on it. It fits
on the opposite side to the the nut side and holds the plate still whilst
you turn the nut on the opposite side.

Sorry for the confusion.

--
Cheers

Jacky

"ben" wrote in message
. uk...
Jacky wrote:
Can anyone tell me where I can get a spanner for removing the blade,
to find the blade bore size and get a new one. I've googled and can
find other spares but not the spanner.

Thanks in advance.

Jacky

Hi that model is the same as the..."Dewalt DW 743", any spanner will do if
you know the nut size? and can be got from any DIY shed.

ben

Jacky wrote:
Sorry but I'm confusing things a bit here (women and power tools
eh!). The thing I mean is the tool thingy with the two little prongs
on it. It fits on the opposite side to the the nut side and holds
the plate still whilst you turn the nut on the opposite side.

Sorry for the confusion.

[snip]

Hah! I know what you mean now, its like a "U" shape with two nipples
sticking out? Try jamming a screwdriver in the blade teeth against the disc
housing if you know what I mean. The only place i can think of getting one
of them is "machine mart", but dont hold me to that. :-)

winker

find a spanner near enough and grind it to fit

ben

winker wrote:
find a spanner near enough and grind it to fit

Its not a spanner as such, its called a Peg spanner, summat like this.

[o] [o] ------ o = pegs
[ ] [ ]
[][][][][]
[[[[
[[[[
[[[[

David Lang

"ben" wrote in message

Its not a spanner as such, its called a Peg spanner, summat like this.

Like the ones used on angles grinders?

Dave

Pete C

On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 17:10:51 GMT, "Jacky"
wrote:

Can anyone tell me where I can get a spanner for removing the blade, to find
the blade bore size and get a new one. I've googled and can find other
spares but not the spanner.

Thanks in advance.

Jacky

This should do, have a look at part #197

http://www.toolshopdirect.co.uk/parts/list/Elu_Wood_Working/Mitre_Saws/TGS173-B--A

These days Elu are part of B&D, so anywhere that can source B&D spares
should be able to help.

cheers,
Pete.

Jacky

Thanks everyone for your advice. Special thanks to Pete C for finding the
spare part, which I couldn't do - despite googling for ages. Will soon be
up and running again and able to build my wardrobes, so expect me back for
more advice!

--
Cheers

Jacky (Tom's Mum)
Raising my child to set standards, not to follow them.