Ian Stirling

Default Small limit MCBs.

I'm interested in setting up a secondary CU on the output of a UPS, to
run assorted loads around the house.
(Emergency lighting, network gear, ...)
However, I'd like some small MCBs to cut out the various low-limit circuits
at some worthwhile point.
A 6A MCB is essentially useless, as the UPS will trip off way before then.
0.5A, 1A, 2A might be of use.

A quick search does not reveal sources of these.
Any thoughts?
Chris

Ian Stirling wrote:
I'm interested in setting up a secondary CU on the output of a UPS, to
run assorted loads around the house.
(Emergency lighting, network gear, ...)
However, I'd like some small MCBs to cut out the various low-limit circuits
at some worthwhile point.
A 6A MCB is essentially useless, as the UPS will trip off way before then.
0.5A, 1A, 2A might be of use.

A quick search does not reveal sources of these.
Any thoughts?

Merlin Gerin (Schneider Electric group) do MCBs at least down to 1A:

http://www.schneider.co.uk/products/.../ed_fd_dpn.htm
http://www.schneider.co.uk/products/...ed_fd_c60h.htm

Whilst the Telemecanique GB2 range goes down to 0.5A (provided the
tripping characteristic is suitable for you):

http://www.schneider.co.uk/products/...gb2motcbfe.htm

These should be available from RS Components or Farnell, as well as
distributors like Western Electrical and WF Electrical.

Similar ranges are made by companies such as Siemens Automation,
Klockner Moeller and Allen Bradley

HTH

Chris

--
Cut along the dotted line to reply
Ian Stirling

Chris wrote:
Ian Stirling wrote:
I'm interested in setting up a secondary CU on the output of a UPS, to
run assorted loads around the house.
(Emergency lighting, network gear, ...)
However, I'd like some small MCBs to cut out the various low-limit circuits
at some worthwhile point.
A 6A MCB is essentially useless, as the UPS will trip off way before then.
0.5A, 1A, 2A might be of use.

A quick search does not reveal sources of these.
Any thoughts?

Merlin Gerin (Schneider Electric group) do MCBs at least down to 1A:

http://www.schneider.co.uk/products/.../ed_fd_dpn.htm
http://www.schneider.co.uk/products/...ed_fd_c60h.htm

Whilst the Telemecanique GB2 range goes down to 0.5A (provided the
tripping characteristic is suitable for you):

http://www.schneider.co.uk/products/...gb2motcbfe.htm

Many thanks for the links.
I couldn't find these sorts of things at screwfix et al, and diddn't think
of my normal electronics suppliers.